Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you guys hunt this >

Would you guys hunt this

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you guys hunt this

Old 11-06-2008, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Would you guys hunt this

Ok here is the deal The buck in the pic is a buck I got withing 20 yards of last night behind work. I may be able to get the go ahead to hunt back here if the industrial park and the game warden says its ok. The owner is my father so permission to hunt the ground is no problem. The only thing is the property is less than an acre of woods. There is alot more woods but these deer hang out in the creek area behind a bunch of these businesses. Not its no little patch of woods but where I can hunt is. I'm used to getting back into the woods. Seems alittle like shooting not hunting. Of couse we last saw him in sept and may never see him again.

He's a great buck but I'm not sure I want to hunt him here.

So if you had permission would you go after him?

Old 11-06-2008, 06:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Would you guys hunt this

itd be hard not to for me. But i hunt behind a lot of houses also in little wood lots. You gotta hunt where the deer are
Old 11-06-2008, 06:13 AM
Typical Buck

you'd be crazy not to
Old 11-06-2008, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would be more worried about the recovery.People might not be happy to see a deer doing a death march through a parking lot.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 130woodman

I would be more worried about the recovery.People might not be happy to see a deer doing a death march through a parking lot.
That's a valid point, and should be taken into consideration.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

Yeah that is a concern for me for sure. A big one. The other is he would likely run off the property and I will have to recover him on others property. Thats one reason for calling the Conservation officer.

I won't hunt when there are alot people around. It would be after work only. Most places around here leave by 5:30. So I'd have a short timespan to hunt.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

A lot of the areas where I can hunt here in NJ are in close relation to buildings. There are industrial buildings, and houses in view. Hunting these areas is no big problem for me, but as stated before, the recovery is whatI always give much thought to. I have never had to go near a house or other building to retreive a downed deer, but there is always that possibility. I would hunt him.
DW
Old 11-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

Something you really need to think about. A buddy of mine killed a deer a few years back on some property that boarded a public park (baseball fields type park). The deer died in the park, no so good.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

in a heartbeat
Old 11-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Would you guys hunt this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.