Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arrows with Parker Hunter Mag >

Arrows with Parker Hunter Mag

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrows with Parker Hunter Mag

Old 01-08-2004, 09:36 PM

Default Arrows with Parker Hunter Mag

I just put my first bow on lay away, a Parker Hunter Mag Outfitter combo. One question I didn't ask is what the specs are on the arrows that come with it. The bow is a lefty set up for 70#, 80% let off and 29"inch draw. They are called Super Carbon with field points. I know that a few of the folks here have bought this rig, so I thought someone might know the details on these arrows. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrows with Parker Hunter Mag

The Super Carbons are made by Nationwide Archery in VA for Parker and you can rest assured they are good arrows. They make three types, Magnum's with .003 straightness, Hunter with .006 straightness, and Supremes with .001 straightness. They cost about the same compared to other brand carbons with the Supremes being the most expensive at about $75 a dozen, the Magnums at $55 a dozen, and the Hunters at $45 a dozen for bare shafts. The ones that comes with the Parker combo are the (Hunters .006) and they are just fine for hunting. I shoot the Magnums with my Parker UL35 and the Supremes with my Parker Ultra lite Pro. A friend of mine at the local bow shop liked them so much he started stocking them in his shop and he said now they are his #1 selling shaft. I tried them about mid season last year and and i'm glad i did and now thats all i buy and shoot. I shot Goldtips for years and they are good shafts as well but at the end of last season i switched to the Super Carbons and have no regrets. They are great shafts and i'm sure you'll like them. Good choice on your bow purchase too.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:59 AM

MyKey,

Thanks for the reply and info. Nationwide doesn't seem to have a website, but I did get in touch with the dealer . He claimed they are made by Parker, but your info seems to make sense, he may not know anything about Nationwide.
The field points are 100 grain, and the shafts are 4560. Are carbon arrows the same as aluminum? They would be 45/64th inch diameter, and 60/1000th wall thickness?
EDIT
It seems you are both right. I called Nationwide, and they are right next door to and owned by Parker in Virginia. The guy on the phone, (who was very nice and helpful. What a refreshing experience compared to other phone reps for other types of products) said the total weight with the 100 grain field points is about 380 grains.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're right Nationwide has no website as of yet. Your dealer is also right in that they are Parker arrows because Nationwide is owned by Parker and located next to them. I don't think many people are aware of the Super Carbons yet either. The carbons are not like alum's in that the numbers on carbon shafts represent the bow poundage that is recommended for each shaft if i'm not mistaken. For example 45/60 = 45-60# bow. If you plan to shoot around 70# those shafts may be underspined for your set-up and you may have to stay around 62-64# to get them to tune. The Magnums are 55/70 and the Supremes 65/80.

Here's the address and phone number for Nationwide Archery if you ever need to call them. If you do call them have them to mail you a brochure of their shafts. They have a great customer service.

Nationwide Archery
Rt 11 South
Mint Spring VA 24463
540-337-3600

OOPS!..I posted before i saw you had edited your post, i see you've already called them.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:21 PM

Thanks for your help MyKey.