Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 church and hunting >

church and hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

church and hunting

Old 11-06-2008, 09:43 AM

Default RE: church and hunting

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656
But over eatting in no where near being gay.
That is a sad statement. If you look at reality and not what an old book says, over eating can be harmful to you and others. For example, over eatingcan lead to manyhealth problems for yourself. Many children of unhealthly parents also have a unhealthy diet which cause them to be unhealthy. I think it's fair to consider that a form of child abuse. How is being gay harmful to anyone? Sure you can bring up STDs but has more to do with irresponsibility than it does being gay.

One of my biggest hang-ups with the bible is it seems to force people to judge others. One thing I can agree with from the bible is let he who is without sin cast the first stone. But then again, I don't consider homosexuality a "sin".
Old 11-06-2008, 09:43 AM

double post
Old 11-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vito1

That is a sad statement. If you look at reality and not what an old book says, over eating can be harmful to you and others. For example, over eatingcan lead to manyhealth problems for yourself. Many children of unhealthly parents also have a unhealthy diet which cause them to be unhealthy. I think it's fair to consider that a form of child abuse. How is being gay harmful to anyone? Sure you can bring up STDs but has more to do with irresponsibility than it does being gay.

One of my biggest hang-ups with the bible is it seems to force people to judge others. One thing I can agree with from the bible is let he who is without sin cast the first stone. But then again, I don't consider homosexuality a "sin".
Well said Vito.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

I only read the initial post and last 2 pages...but let me tell you I am REAL glad I stayed outta this one.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:54 AM
bigcountry

As always its the same story. Its not about being gay, overeating, adultery, lying, etc. Its about ones heart. God desires your heart. As Matthew 22:37-40 says

Jesus said to him, you shall love your God with all your heart, soul and mind, this is the first and greatcommandment, the second is like it, you are to love your nieghbor as yourself. On these two commandments, hang all the law and the prophrets.

What I hear Jesus Christ saying is, salvation is only about ones heart. If one truely believes in the name of Jesus Christ, he will desire to follow his commands. He will desire moderation in all things. He will desire sexual purity. He will desire to love his neighbor as himself. Now, have I arrived?? No way. Do I try everyday? You bet ya. Do I fail everyday? You bet ya. But I believe in the blood of Jesus Christ to cover my sins.

I struggle with lust for women. I pray about it, and sometimes I suceed and sometimes I fail.Some times I end up talking to a womens chest more than her face. But I desire to put away that sexual immorality. And pray about it everyday.

People try to put "sin" value on sin. It can't be done. As it says in Matthew, calling one a fool could be an offense that will send you to hell. Its only about one's heart. Jesus Christ our God either has our heart or he doesn't. We do not live under the law unless we are Jew, and the law put value on certain sins. With Christ, its about faith only. If we lived under the law, we better start sacraficing a few thousand bulls. And guess what, we don't get to participate in the eating of those ribeyes either.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I only read the initial post and last 2 pages...but let me tell you I am REAL glad I stayed outta this one.
Awwww Ryan, you missed the best posts!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:57 AM
bigcountry

But then again, I don't consider homosexuality a "sin".
So you say you do not believe the current torah or just about any English translation bible. Or Greek or Aramaic while we are at it?

Or do you just pick out the pieces you like?

My thought process is, if I don't believe in the Bible and Jesus Christ commands, I should be fishing Sunday morning. Or jamming out to the radio besides praying every morning.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

The Bible doesn't force anyone to "judge others." Quite the contrary, the Bible says, "Do not judge others!!" People (not the Bible) choose to judge or not to judge!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:04 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: mofireman

The Bible doesn't force anyone to "judge others." Quite the contrary, the Bible says, "Do not judge others!!" People (not the Bible) choose to judge or not to judge!
I believe its one of the most misquoted piece of scripture out there. An overseeer, elder, or bishop as its called in the new testiment calls for them to oversee the flock of God as in 1 Peter 2:2-4

Its just one has to be careful that he is seeing clearly before he does approach a brother in Christ about a sinful behavior.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:16 AM

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

But then again, I don't consider homosexuality a "sin".
So you say you do not believe the current torah or just about any English translation bible. Or Greek or Aramaic while we are at it?

Or do you just pick out the pieces you like?

My thought process is, if I don't believe in the Bible and Jesus Christ commands, I should be fishing Sunday morning. Or jamming out to the radio besides praying every morning.
I don't believe or live my life by any of it anymore. People picking and choosing which parts they live their life by is one of the hypocricies that drove me away from it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.