Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 full moon + rut = middle of day movement? >

full moon + rut = middle of day movement?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

full moon + rut = middle of day movement?

Old 10-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default full moon + rut = middle of day movement?

Im only able to hunt the next4 weekends (if im lucky) and i see that the predicted primerut time and full moon are coming soon, so does this mean there should be alot of deer moving at odd times like 11am-2pm or are normal deer spotting times like an hour before and after sunset still the best time to be in the woods, and no i cant stay in my stand all day, its very small and gets real uncomfortable after 4 hours.
Right now everything 6 points and bigger seems to be 100 percent nocturnal on my trail cams so im hoping this changes soon!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: full moon + rut = middle of day movement?

I Would hunt as much as you can if you can only sit for 4 hours at a time leave the stand get warm get a bite to eat and head back out.

I was in the stand all day yesterday... through rain, slush and hail saw two bucks together at 8 AM missed the front one. didnt see anything till 12.45 say a doe, at 2.45 saw a nice 10 or 11 point at 55 yards. then saw a doe a fawn and 3 small bucks right at dark within 40 yards... If thats happening right now here in michigan I will sit all day long when the rut kicks in full swing.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look into your moon phases, I believe they do tend to show the best times for mkovement in the middle of the day. I had the same thing back in October, I had 4 free days to head to our place and hunt but it was a full moon and 90 degrees in the middle of the day. Needless to say I did not hunt, I worked on a few stand sites and guess what I saw a bunch of deer in the middle of the day while I working on stuff....Oh well theres always November...
Best ofluck to youand check out the moon phases, you should be able to do a search and find one online!!!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:44 PM

from about Nov 13 to Nov 17, if I had to choose between morning, mid-day, or evenings to hunt a four hour stretch, it is an easy mid-day choice for me.