Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The moon and deer movement

Old 10-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Spike

Default The moon and deer movement

With this weekend coming on a full moon, I would love to get some info on how this affects deer and how muck I should be hunting this weekend. If someone has an article or a website that talks about this, I would appriciate a point in the right direction!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The moon and deer movement

look for increased mid day and nocturnal activity. deer must move i think its ever 4-6 hours, be patient!
Old 10-05-2006, 08:34 PM

I'm hunting early, I always like to. This weekend, be out there between 10:00 AM thru 2:00 PM. The moon has alot to do with game movement, I've proven it to myself with the trail cam's and I can tell ya', I'm a believer.

Old 10-06-2006, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

I am also a true believer in the moon activity changing deer movement. When the moon is full at night, I have seen most of the deer become nocturnal. They can see pretty easily with a full moon at night. I have seen very little movement in the evenings and morning with a full moon at night.
I would have to agree with previous posts, hunt mid-day and hunt hard. However, if you are like me and have a limited amount of time to hunt... any time to hunt is a good time.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:02 AM

That's right. Full moon = Deer at noon...
Old 10-07-2006, 05:42 AM

The basic rule of over head under foot works no matter what the moon phase. With the moon being full and over head at night this time midday should be your best option. But being fairly early in the year hunt close to bedding areas.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:09 PM
gtk
Spike

I put together some graphs using data from all my trailcamera pictures I have taken over the last 5 years.. While I dont hunt by these graphs, I still find it interesting and usually pretty close !

http://www.msdeer.net/deerdata.php

Old 10-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

GTK'S stuff is great, i use it frequently to convince myself to stay out there a few extra hours...
Old 10-09-2006, 04:40 PM

Thats a bunch of crap, just an excuse to sleep in.I watched 6 does and 2 yearlings Sat. morning from 7:45 - 8:15, just browsing around a chop.Sat. was the full moon.And my buddy saw 4 out of the same stand Sun. morning. I will just hunt a little longer on a full moon.
Spend every minute in the woods that you can, whatever the moon is.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

GTK that stuff is great! I'll be sure to use it for the rest of this season

Quick Reply: The moon and deer movement

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.