Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 It was only one slap >

It was only one slap

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It was only one slap

Old 10-27-2008, 07:49 PM

Default It was only one slap

Just got back today from sitting in my stand for two hours just waiting for a good deer. Well just as I amabout to call it quits her comes a nice size doe. All I am thinking isshe is all mine and I can taste the backstraps.She gets within 15 yards of me, I have turn sideways in my stand and realize that my safety line is in my way. I am working like crazy to get out of the way so I can take the shot, I get that done, I draw back, she is in my sights, I let the arrow go and all I hear is my string slap my jacketsleeve.

My arrow had a great arc on it for a 15 yard shot, it landed two feet in front of her with the tip lighting up. The funny part about this was the doe just stood there looking at my nock blinking. I was trying to get another arrow ready when she got bored with the blinking nock and just walked away.

I was so pissed about this but it is really kinda funny thinking back at how the doe reacted. Oh well I'm on three weeks of vacation, maybe tomorrow will be better.

I just thought I would share one of my many dumb situation with everyone. You got to laugh at yourself sometime. Good luck to everyone this season.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: It was only one slap

yea man you gotta laugh to keep from crying haha lol. Well good luck man i hope you nail her next time.

Thanks
Colten
Old 10-27-2008, 08:01 PM

Default RE: It was only one slap

Haha thats funny keep trying hopefully you will get a nice one soon!!!
goodluck!!!!!