Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pa 8pt down

Old 10-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Pa 8pt down

Got out to the stand saturday around 4:30 pm. Around 6 two doe came out of the woods behind me to cross a little clearing to go to these apple trees. I noticed the doe kept looking back so i figured there was a buck behind them. I looked over my shoulder and saw a deer moving through the bushes and stopped but I couldnt tell if it was a buck or not. So i just sat there patiently and right before it got dark this buck came out of the bushes at about 20 yards away so i put my carbon express through it . I then waited about 40 minutes then went back to my buddies and a couple of flash lights to look for the deer. We couldnt find an arrow or a blood trail so i tried to remember when it ran off too so i we walked in that direction scannin for blood. After a few minutes we found a nice puddle where the deer must of been laying(we must of kicked it up tracking it[:@]) but nothing going to it or away from it. So i decided to just wait till morning. After i got up at the crack of dawn I went back to the blood pile and still couldnt find and blood trails. I started scanning up and down the creek and restarting at my stand. After a few hours I was getting a little discouraged. I knew I had a good shot just didnt know how far or which derection the deer ran when we kicked it up. So I decided to do another scan straight through the woods all the way down to where they did some logging and sure enough about 20 yards form the logging trail there he layed. Not too bad for a first bow kill.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pa 8pt down

Congrats on the 8 brother!!!!! And way to hang in there and find your deer...Kudo's to you!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

thanks guys
Old 10-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats! Where in PA is this?
Old 10-26-2008, 09:34 PM
Fork Horn

conneaute
Old 10-26-2008, 11:18 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats! Real nice for your first bow-kill.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great story topped off with a nice buck. The deer looks like he has a beer belly WTG, congrats to you.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:47 AM

Congrats!
Old 10-27-2008, 04:19 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the 8 pt....!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.