Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arm slap

Old 07-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arm slap

Got a new Bowtech Mighty Mite. Never had a problem with slapping my arm, but now I hit it all the time. I've read that this is called by a draw length that is a tad too long. Any info?? Thanks.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:34 PM

Default RE: Arm slap

Could be, yes. If your bow arm is locked straight, you virtually guarantee yourself a slap in the arm. Another possibility is your stance. Take your back foot, the one farthest from the target, and move it about half a step forward, creating a more open stance. This will also help.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

first of all check the dl
Old 07-11-2006, 04:20 PM

yep draw length
Old 07-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's not necessarily draw length but definately check it, even with draw length it comes down to form. I can shoot bows that are overdrawn in length and still not slap my arm, it doesn't mean my form is perfect, I just know how to get around it. You might not be accustom to the brace height if it differs from previous bows and your bow arm might be too straight, wrong wrist position ect...

The best way for us to tell anything isn't by word of mouth but if you could post a pic at full draw many here can get you straightened out.

My buddy shooting his Trykon the other day, same thing..slapping his wrist, I stood behind him, adjusted his form, no more slap...his groups tightened as well.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ohh rob the dreaded double post lol but i used to have that problem...... til i adjusted my form
Old 07-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I'm not careful I always get my arm. I always lock my arm out if I don't make an effort to remember not to do it. Cost me a deer once so after that I rarly hit my arm any more. Also check your grip sometimes a too high a grip will do it.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:12 PM

Before my allegiance, I had a Mighty Might I also had alot of arm slap. I agree withcheck your draw length
Old 07-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Oneshot7

ohh rob the dreaded double post lol but i used to have that problem...... til i adjusted my form
Now thats funny!

Draw Length Too Long or Stance Too Closed, good recipes for slapping your arm.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

could be a combination of things like draw length,form,etc.I only hit my arm twice and that was enough for me.Now I use an arm guard more so to keep my sleeves from my hunting jacket or long sleeve shirts from catching.Good Luck.
Elkshed

Quick Reply: Arm slap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.