Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 well what do you think?? >

well what do you think??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

well what do you think??

Old 10-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: well what do you think??

ORIGINAL: trailrider894

well first off i hit it cause i saw the arrow in it after i hit i watched the deer walk off with the arrow in it. fingerz42 u wouldn't understand. i'm from a part of missouri that doesn't have big deer. i have been seeing the same deer all summer. no doubt. also this buck was unique. things about his antlers were crazy like it was small and very bunched up. he had drop tines on one side. and not on the other. these are the kind off deer that we don't get out here, weird deer. i've been watching him on the trail camera since he was in velvet.
Show us the tail camera pictures, I want to see this deer.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: mj469

Alright, take it easy guys. This is supposed to be a forum where we can all share stories, ask for advice, and learn. It sucks when this happens, but like everyone knows, it does happen. Whether or not he rushed the shot doesn't matter now because he already took the shot. Telling the guy how stupid his mistake was, is not going to help.
Your missing the point that his stories keep contradicting themselves. It is hard to take someone serious and give honest advice when you don't know what to believe, right?

-I alread pointed out that first he says he saw the deer again with the arrow in, then says without the arrow.

- First he says "hardly giving me time to shoot" then he says the buck was "20yds broadside.front leg forward standing perfectly still. wind in favor."
- First he says "well went out today on the farm looking for him" (at 1303 hrs, so...how much time did he look?), then he says, just two hours later, "i went out checking fences today and working on my motorcross track."
- Plus, you gotta wonder when he says guts, but arrow stays in. He says looked but didn't find anything so doesn't know if he should look more, then says only looked for 30 yard radius.

I for one have not said anything about his mistake being stupid. It just doesn't sit right with me to see stuff changing as the post goes along.I dunno, maybe he is just young and getting the events mixed up in his head?

trailrider894, you said you been watching this buck all summer with trail cams, let's see him. I'll say this, if you were back on the net posting about it by 1:00, you didn't look long enough. If you really saw him long enough the next day to glass him as stated, you saw him long enough to know if he is hurt bad or not.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

it has been sixty's into the lower 40's upper 30's at night. it was monday night. i searched everywhere within 250-300yd's of my stand no blood no deer no nothing!! and i looked good. but there are so many hiding spot's out here. i checked the creek that run's about a quater of a mile down hill from where my stand and up hill. nothing. i guess i just forget about it. and when i see buzzards or the dog drag's in a deer foot i'll know. lol
Old 10-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: trailrider894

it has been sixty's into the lower 40's upper 30's at night. it was monday night. i searched everywhere within 250-300yd's of my stand no blood no deer no nothing!! and i looked good. but there are so many hiding spot's out here. i checked the creek that run's about a quater of a mile down hill from where my stand and up hill. nothing. i guess i just forget about it. and when i see buzzards or the dog drag's in a deer foot i'll know. lol

Dude if you only checked within 250-300 yds of your stand, that's not enough at all. Especially not for a gut shot deer that you probably bumped when you got down and poked around. Go out and walk the entire woods up and down, and then go back and walk the entire place cross ways.

I don't know if you read the link I gave ya, but if I only looked for 2 or 300 yards around my stand for my buck, Id been about 1000 yards short. Go look again.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:50 PM

I know you guys are really trying to be helpfull, but, this guy is a clown. He didnt shoot anything. He is some kid playing around and having fun at it.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Fork Horn

k whatever you guys are a bunch of asses. i'm abandoning this forum. first off. i saw the deer twice in the same day one with the arrow one without!!! also the guy leasing the land on my farm said he found the back half of my arrow today. also i got out of my stand went 10yd's into the wood's to look for my arrow. i went no farther. also the deer gave me time to shoot. by coming in from my right fast. turned presented that shot. had he been any farther he would have been behind my tree, again nice shoot. but almost not enough time. also looked more today. took my coon dog with me found nothing. had help took 2 other people still no deer. satisfied?? no ass talk now!!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Post a pic of the arrow, it will help!
Old 10-22-2008, 11:02 PM

WOW!! this is getting good!
Old 10-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

Post a pic of the arrow, it will help!

Yes it would most definitely help... I have a VERY difficult time believing this deer isn't dead.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

i'm abandoning this forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.