Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 well what do you think?? >

well what do you think??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

well what do you think??

Old 10-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: well what do you think??

well first off i hit it cause i saw the arrow in it after i hit i watched the deer walk off with the arrow in it. fingerz42 u wouldn't understand. i'm from a part of missouri that doesn't have big deer. i have been seeing the same deer all summer. no doubt. also this buck was unique. things about his antlers were crazy like it was small and very bunched up. he had drop tines on one side. and not on the other. these are the kind off deer that we don't get out here, weird deer. i've been watching him on the trail camera since he was in velvet.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:31 PM

ORIGINAL: trailrider894
ran into the same two deer again wi'll searching one had my arrow my arrow in it.
and also the deer didn't die. cause i saw him today. i'm wondering if the arrow might have just hit a bone and come out. i didn't see the arrow in him...
So...which is it? You saw the arrow in it while glassing it, or you didn't see it???

Old 10-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

i hit directly in front of thehind quarter. in the gut. it was a neon green arrow should be easy to find. no it was not a pass through shot.
It hit the gut but didnt pass through? Hmmm, that deer must be on a brick diet.

well went out today on the farm looking for him. ran into the same two deer again wi'll searching one had my arrow my arrow in it.
OR

and also the deer didn't die. cause i saw him today. i'm wondering if the arrow might have just hit a bone and come out. i didn't see the arrow in him but i would know the deer i shot at from a mile away
Ummmm, which is it? Seems like you dont even remember your own lies.

i've been watching him since last year.
ORRRR
i've been watching him on the trail camera since he was in velvet.
LOL, again caught with two different statements? You better start writing your lies down so you can remember them.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds to me like the red dot is where you hit him.

Do you really think he would live through this?

Check out my thread from a few weeks back. If you look enough, you'll find him. Just depends on how bad you want him.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3078574&mpage=1

Old 10-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

actually yes that is pretty close. but i saw him again today alive. could he still die in day's to come?? or do you think i should keep looking maybe the one i saw was just an identical clone??
Old 10-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you hit him in the gut he WILL die. Period.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:15 AM

ORIGINAL: fingerz42

LOL, again caught with two different statements? You better start writing your lies down so you can remember them.
LOL...glad someone else thinks this thread smells.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

Alright, take it easy guys. This is supposed to be a forum where we can all share stories, ask for advice, and learn. It sucks when this happens, but like everyone knows, it does happen. Whether or not he rushed the shot doesn't matter now because he already took the shot. Telling the guy how stupid his mistake was, is not going to help.
Keep at it, and even if you are going to hunt for another deer, keep your eye on the area where you shot him because if it did hit guts there is a good chance he'll be right there somewhere. Maybe he is still alive and you can get another shot at him. None of us can tell you for sure if he is or isnt alive as we are simply looking at a computer screen.
Good luck, and you know we have all been in your position.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:56 AM

Sounds like a cool rack, can we see the trail pictures?[&:]
Old 10-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

actually yes that is pretty close. but i saw him again today alive. could he still die in day's to come?? or do you think i should keep looking maybe the one i saw was just an identical clone??

If you cut his intestines up he's gonna be dead. How warm is it where you are right now? How many days has it been since you took the shot?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.