Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 well what do you think?? >

well what do you think??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

well what do you think??

Old 10-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: well what do you think??

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

Wounded deer almost always head for water, walk the creeks, etc....just dont give up!

I agree, and also look back in the thickest stuff you can find. I have made a couple bad shots on deer and I usually find them close to water backed up in some thick briars, tree tops, and just about anything that the buck can use to hide himself. But dont just limit your search to around water, you just never know where they will end up.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: trailrider894

k whatever you guys are a bunch of asses. i'm abandoning this forum.

I betting you screw that up also.

alsowhen you come back,....................and you will be back change your user name to halfassed trailrider894.[:-]
Old 10-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Typical Buck

Another thing, if you dont find it after a couple days then keep an eye out for vultures and crows. This has helped find a deer or two. The meat probably wont be good unless it stays fairly coolbut atleast you may be able to salvage the head.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

yeah went out looking again today. and nothing. it is pretty brushy up there had my freind come out and took the coon dog and still got nothing. i've covered a good 500yd's around the whole stand. and still have nothing. even though i thought i saw the same deer i'm just trying to make sure i'll end my search tommorow after i look in the thick stuff again. i checked the creek's around for about a 1/4 mile and found nothing and i looked around both ponds closely. i guess i'll just start fresh this weekend. hope for better shot's
Old 10-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: trailrider894

it has been sixty's into the lower 40's upper 30's at night. it was monday night. i searched everywhere within 250-300yd's of my stand no blood no deer no nothing!! and i looked good. but there are so many hiding spot's out here. i checked the creek that run's about a quater of a mile down hill from where my stand and up hill. nothing. i guess i just forget about it. and when i see buzzards or the dog drag's in a deer foot i'll know. lol
I hope this doesn't make mepart of theSuper Ethics Police Force but... the stuff in red isn't the best attitude to have when refering to one of God's creatures. (especially not the LOL part)

I don't think Mr. Trailrider isso much a liar as he isunable to convey his thoughts and recall the events properly. Many times, what people write and what they actually mean are two different things.

But gawsh darnet mang, if you's want'n sum help, git cho stuff str8!