Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 well what do you think?? >

well what do you think??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

well what do you think??

Old 10-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: well what do you think??

ran into the same two deer again wi'll searching one had my arrow my arrow in it. i glassed them for a little while. well i know he is still out there alive now so i guess i owe it to him to tie a tag on him so that's what i'll be doing as soon as i get more broadheads.
good cause i need one. i'm sick of sucking at bow hunting.
I don't even know what to say. [&:]How many heads did you start the season with that you need more?
Bowhunting isn't a wing it type pursuit, heading out without being proficient & confident enough to kill a deer. The odds are against you enough as it is. There is a lot of good info out there(around here actually) to read up, figure out how to shoot to an acceptable level & then head afield with more confidence. Back in the day we all had to figure it out the hard way, but that isn't the case so much anymore. Take some time, read up on things around here, PRACTICE shooting & enter the woods a little more prepared next time.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

yeah i'm am practicing i don't really need to get better i can shoot a 4inch circle about 9 our of 10 times 40 yds. and the reason i need more broadhead's is that i just don't wanna go without not having enough i have three now but i go hunting all day sometimes and i don't wanna shoot at something and then end up with no arrows or come up on that deer were you get the second shot. and only be left with one more arrow. it's just a safety thing plus i have a gift cert to the place i'm getting em from and my arrows need re fletched at least my practice arrows.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Hope you didnt push him by looking for him so early. A shot like that might take a day or so before he dies. If you pushed him, he might be in the next county dead.

Live and learn. Dont kick your self too much. Everyone who hunts (guns, bows etc) are going to have a moment that makes them sick. You just get over it, learn and do better the next time.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

For next year practice logical thinking. If a buck comes running by and you dont have enough time to take a good shot without him lunging or moving or whatever, then you shouldnt have shot. If their is a next time, learn your lesson, and if you're not presented with a shot, THEN DONT TAKE ONE. It seems like some people feel like just because a deer is their they HAVE to shoot at it. Even if that means FORCING it and taking a poor and unethical/stupid shot. Take your time, if that deer doesnt give you the proper shot, tip your hat to him,because he's won this round. But stay on him, thats just the battle, but he hasnt won the war.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

yeah i really appreciate all the advice guys. i went out checking fences today and working on my motorcross track. and was thinking about that whole thing. i really think that next time i go out i won't shoot unless i'm presented with a good comfortable shot. and also the deer didn't die. cause i saw him today. i'm wondering if the arrow might have just hit a bone and come out. i didn't see the arrow in him but i would know the deer i shot at from a mile away. there is no one like him. he is missing a g3 and a drop tine.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

all my deer are missing drop tines....or have drop tines that stick straight up....inverted[:-]
Old 10-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

well that is weird. well i have never had any like this one ever around here he is a small rack just kinda messed up. very small no more than a foot but he is loaded up with ten points. it is so strange. but then we have a huge typical 12 or 14. he has to be pushing 170 maybe more he is easily a pope and young.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: trailrider894

and also the deer didn't die. cause i saw him today. i'm wondering if the arrow might have just hit a bone and come out. i didn't see the arrow in him but i would know the deer i shot at from a mile away. there is no one like him. he is missing a g3 and a drop tine.
They will pull the arrow out, a lot of times.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hahahaha. how many times have we heard this? Someone goes and shoots a deer, they "think" didn't die and damn it all from all the deer in the woods they go and see the EXACT one a few days later STILL ALIVE. Like telling us this "story" will make us all forget about it. Ohhhh its alive, ok then lets drop it, he missed it, its still fine, no worries. Ahhhhhhh B/s!! The CHANCES of even seeing the same deer are slim to none and then people try to convince us that just after they shot one he comes back and hes still alive and well. I hate liars.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:40 PM

This story is a great example of why I believe one must successfully complete a bowhunter's education course before being allowed to archery hunt! I KNOW I became a better and more responsible hunter after completing bowhunter's education many years ago when I first started to hunt with archery equipment!

-Schism

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.