Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New to the Sport >

New to the Sport

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New to the Sport

Old 10-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: New to the Sport

Welcome. I took it up last year and it's definitely addicting.

As for the issue of pulling it back, don't worry. Like others have said, practice practice practice. You're just accessing a whole new set of muscles back there and they'll strengthen faster than you would think.

Best of luck to you.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New to the Sport

Ya a looked not sure where it is but i can not find it in the indiana book now. I know it was there before
ORIGINAL: Jameshere

Hi Everybody,

I am very glad to learn that 50 lbs is in the ballpark to kill a deer even if only at 25 yards. And bigtime my hunting buddy who moved up here from Fla. had said something about 35 lbs draw weight being the legal minimum at least down there. We have not been able to find a legal min here in TN though in the hunting manual. Those 6075 arrows I first purchased Tomkat were also Carbon Express think Terminator Lites and Terminator Hunter and a Terminator models. These 4560 arrows are Whitetail and the box has a chart on them, with something called adjusted bow draw weight. Some of + or - points I did not understand like you are suppose toaddsomany poundsfor a high-engery bow and subtract pounds for a certain % let off? but going just by my 50 pound draw weight, I am in the 4560 arrow range. Maybe I got caught up too much in the importance of this since I think starting at 52 pounds I can switch to a 6075 arrow. My friend just uses aluminum arrows and had no problems. Yeah I guess weight lifting will be in my future. What do you all think of crossbow?easier to draw back to cock? I see they are now legal to use for hunting here the past few seasons.