Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

New to sport

Old 03-27-2003, 08:51 AM

Default New to sport

Hello guys I am new to turkey hunting and wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of a nice turkey hunting vest. I have a lot of calls and the camo but I am in need of a vest. And if anyone knows any turkey info. for Fulton County could they give me any? I will be hunting in Fulton for the first day and any tips would be helpful. Thanks alot,

Shane
Old 03-27-2003, 10:18 AM

Default RE: New to sport

Mossy oak elite is a nice vest - also there are alot of lounger vests that everyone is talking about. I have heard alot of good things about the cabelas stadium vest.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:02 AM

Bass Pro has a Bucklick Creek lounge vest that is outstanding. I have hunted with traditional seat type vests before, but I am really looking forward to hunting out of this new lounger. It is VERY comfy with tons of well thought out pockets. Best of all, I got mine on sale for $40 . They still have them, but I believe they are back up to $50, but it is the best vest you will find for that money.

I have a different type of Bucklick Creek lounge vest that has never been hunted that I would be willing to sell for $40 shipped if you are interested. It is Mossy Oak BO and size L/XL and has two flip-out orange flags in the game pouch.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:46 PM

I have to agree on the Mossy Oak vest. I use the NWTF super-elite II vest and it holds everything I need it to hold. It' s lightweight, has a nice pad to sit on, and fits my body. I have only been hunting with it a couple of times, but it works good for me.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

My vote for Mossy oak elite vest. I also have a 10X vest for the later part of the season when the temps are higher.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another plug for the Mossy Oak Elite 20-pocketer!!
Old 03-30-2003, 08:30 PM

I am also hunting in Fulton County. What area are you headed to Shane?
Old 03-31-2003, 09:52 AM

Hey Rooter,
Right now I am not positive of the area I am going to be hunting because I am going with my girlfriends dad so I will ask him tonight what area they are in but can you tell me if their are a lot of birds there? I am wondering what my chances are of seeing a bird? Thanks a lot I will check back later with where I will be hunting.

Shane
Old 03-31-2003, 10:21 AM

I lease some Glatfelter land near Buck Valley. I can honestly say I have never seen so many turkeys on a piece of property before. I am taking up turkey hunting because I don' t think I could come away empty handed.

Rooter
Old 03-31-2003, 11:33 AM

Rooter,
what township is your land in and do u know anything about other parts of Fulton?
I' m sitting in school right now and this is what we do in public education. HAHA

Quick Reply: New to sport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.