Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My 10-8-08 Hunt/Game Cam/Rage2Blade >

My 10-8-08 Hunt/Game Cam/Rage2Blade

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My 10-8-08 Hunt/Game Cam/Rage2Blade

Old 10-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My 10-8-08 Hunt/Game Cam/Rage2Blade

cool pics. need help controling the turkey and hog population?
Old 10-10-2008, 05:45 PM

Default RE: My 10-8-08 Hunt/Game Cam/Rage2Blade

Ok yes i really need to get me a range finder. I measured the distance to the feeder from my blind at 30 yards. She was just on the other side maybe 8 feet. So i used my 30 yard pin and aimed a little high.

Hill country im 33 miles south of rock springs.

Rage Broadhead using a roll pin. Yes mine have this pin in them. I dont know if they changed design before or after these was made. But they do not have a screw in them. Im going to take a better look at the ones my bow shop sells and see if they have this pin in them. I purchased these rage from cabelas.

Blood was on the arrow, but streaked down it not very thick at all. Also smelled like acorns in a way.
So i may have very well hit bad. But i will never know for sure. Next purchase is a range finder, very soon!
I tried to plan the distances by measuring the best i could. But i can see this fails terribly.
I know next trip i will not hesitate to have this important tool at my side. I will never forget this hunt since it went wrong for me.
But it will not stop me from hunting with a bow. Im loving it, and feel obligated now more then ever to make a better shot.

Update about rage:
OK guys i talked to rage over the phone, for any of you who like the rage blades. There is good news and bad.

The bad news is, the newest models of the rage 2 blade is the one with the roll pin in them. And these are the ones that fall apart after hitting bone because it closes the gap on the roll pin. If yours has a screw, this is the older models. The replacement blades come with screws and roll pins.

Good news is rage is aware of this problem and they are working to correct it. Also, if you want you can send any broadhead back to them and they will replace it for free. Doe not matter where you purchased it from.

So the real question is, how much will you deal with to get a serious cut in the animal you hunt?

Tips:
Roll pins, closing up and dropping out issue. You can take a center punch to the end of the roll pin to flare it just a bit so if the slot closes off it will not fall out.

Screws: If you strip out the hole, the replacement blade packs have pins and screws. So use a roll pin in it after you get a strip screw and use center punch to flare the ends of it.

This is a small fix i found that works for now. and you can still change blades later by using a small drive punch to get the roll pins out after you have flared them.

Well, thats all we got guys and gals, until rage corrects the problem somehow.