Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pass through with sharp blades verse "dull" blades >

Pass through with sharp blades verse "dull" blades

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pass through with sharp blades verse "dull" blades

Old 10-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Pass through with sharp blades verse "dull" blades

ORIGINAL: virginiashadow

Rob--I am not way off. I have NEVER re-used a head I have shot at an animal. I have NEVER used a dull blade. I am exploring a concept because I keep hearing people say sharp blades leave larger blood trails, and I for one don't believe it. I DO BELIEVE that sharper blades are better because they penetrate better. And Rob, give me a break, everyone knows what I am talking about. I only said I don't advocate dull blades 77 times in the post.
vs, no break given, this thread is advocating dull broadheads by many, it's BS. You honestly think youth or beginners (everyone) knows what your talking about. I don't think so. I know you said you don't advocate it, but your playing devils advocate and some are actually making a case for dull blades. Ridiculous.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Your really out of touch. Ive been shooting bow for years. I USE NEW BLADES EVERY TIME. But for the sake of arguement you can really use a duller blade with not razor sharp qualities but you think should really read the post its about pass through not about recovery.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

How dull are we talking? If dull enough, you could very well get a pass through but not of the diameter your bh is, because of such a blunt force your making the initial hole, and then stretching the rest of the blade through, thus leaving a smaller hole, Plus all of the internal matter your "pushing" through rather than cutting
Im not saying butter knife dullness but i mean even after shooting a deer with one you can use it again.
That is very poor practices.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

How dull are we talking? If dull enough, you could very well get a pass through but not of the diameter your bh is, because of such a blunt force your making the initial hole, and then stretching the rest of the blade through, thus leaving a smaller hole, Plus all of the internal matter your "pushing" through rather than cutting
Im not saying butter knife dullness but i mean even after shooting a deer with one you can use it again.
Not without some honing(sp) I hope? Usea arm hair shaving blade every time, if it dont cut the hair on your arm, dont use it... JMO and for the record.... the jagged edge thing?... what does a jagged edge do? it tears, leaving "flaps" of skin to bond and clot.

Thanks BuckMaster for putting that into perspective!!
Old 10-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Before this one gets the chains and shackles.... nissan- he mentioned from the beginning... "Blood Trail" if thats not recovery I dont know what is....
Old 10-04-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

So what kind of blood trails would these heads leave if they made a pass through?

Fork Horn

Virginiashadow... in all the discussion here I forgot to ask did you get out in the woods today and if so any luck?
Fork Horn

[blockquote]quote:

[blockquote]quote:

How dull are we talking? If dull enough, you could very well get a pass through but not of the diameter your bh is, because of such a blunt force your making the initial hole, and then stretching the rest of the blade through, thus leaving a smaller hole, Plus all of the internal matter your "pushing" through rather than cutting[/blockquote]

[/blockquote]

That is very poor practices.
I just posted I ALWAYS USE NEW BLADES. But for the sake of the post you in theory can get passthrough
Typical Buck

If you were to accidently cut a finger with one which will do more damage? A sharp blade or a dull blade. I have a feeling I'd fair better with the dull blade than the sharp.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Your really out of touch. Ive been shooting bow for years. I USE NEW BLADES EVERY TIME. But for the sake of arguement you can really use a duller blade with not razor sharp qualities but you think should really read the post its about pass through not about recovery.
I'm out of touch? LMAO, I'm into my 30 season and I'm out of touch.

And for the sake of argument, BS! That may be the very reason why a study on a NY island showed does with broadhead scars on their LUNGS. There is absolutely zero reasons to reuse a broadhead that is not resharpened or the blades replaced.

Quick Reply: Pass through with sharp blades verse "dull" blades

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.