Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 To all the VA boys!! >

To all the VA boys!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To all the VA boys!!

Old 10-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: To all the VA boys!!

Virginiashadow, thanks for the info for Quantico did get my permit.

Has for today went to my stand I had set up in king gorge got there 5;00am and went in early to get set in and just about 30 yards from my stand I spooked what looked to be a big buck. So I turned off the light and sat there for 30min or seam like that long. Didn't sounded like he ran far could have been more the just him did not get a really good look. I use this trail this year because I didn't get any sign off deer using it last year or on camera this year so I thought it would be a better way in. so what do you guys do when this happens? Thanks for your thoghts

NOW the bad part.
Got to my stand about 6am flashlight die just has I got there. my luck.
stay there till noon and had made a plan to set the climbing stand off the ridge where i felt he went. got to the car for lunch and got a phone call from the wife asking if I would be home by 4pm her sister was in town and I needed to watch the kids .man I am having a hard time with this one but I had to do it the wife. The wife knows i was not happy with her sister pulling something like this. she could have done this on Sunday but it would mess your time. (family matters mother is not doing to good) Thanks for letting me rant
Old 10-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Hopefully you next trip is productive. Family before hunting whether we like it or not. Which is why I am watching Realtree hunting videos instead of hunting this weekend. [&o][]. I fixed my flashlight issue of dead batteries by getting one of those winding lights. they work great and never have to worry about batteries. The one I have you wind for 1 minuteevery now and thenand its good.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Spike

I too have missed the opening day of BOW SEASON due to having to coach the kids at a wrestling tournament. However, i will venture out tomorrow for a 1/2 day hunt. I am thinking about getting in my stand around 130-200 and hunting til dark. Nate, hope you do some damage over there yonder at dat dare shor..git, git, git
Old 10-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Come on Virginians, lets put one down opening week! I am off to hunt tomorrow morning and afternoon, then Wednesday morning. I have only ever taken one opening week buck as it can be difficult to get on the deer around here...early. Best of luck everyone, and lets use this thread as a means to let each other know what is going on around the state....be safe and good luck!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:36 PM

I ain't seen ****e!!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was on stand by 0630 this morning...at 0830 a spike came within 10 yards, and then at 0850 a nice little 5 point came within 20 yards. I let em walk. After that, nothing. I told myself I was going to be a little more aggressive with my stand placement this year, and it seems to be paying off. Back at it tomorrow morning.