Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I shot one! Now What!? >

I shot one! Now What!?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I shot one! Now What!?

Old 09-15-2008, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default I shot one! Now What!?

I shot one! Now What?? No just kidding, still waiting for that to pop up on here though . I know its going to happen, and the way I see it, if you dont know what you should do after the shot, dont take the shot. Thats my honest opinion.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I shot one! Now What!?

lol nice post for me it will go like this.
First i will gut the deer somewhere between my stand and truck unless it runs the other way away from my stand. second go home show the family and take most pics to show the family on here.
Then i will drive 14 miles to the bait shop i buy all my bait off of. the guy the butchers and he seems like a trusting guy. Then depending on how big it is or if it is my first deer i will take it to get mounted.
After that a trip to the store to buy a new smoker and i will be eatting bbq deer.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

With weather starting to look likefall, and velvet is off the antlers my favorite post is: I saw a buck chasing a doe yesterday, I think the rut is starting!
Old 09-15-2008, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know its going to happen, and the way I see it, if you dont know what you should do after the shot, dont take the shot.
I disagree. Everyone needs to have hands on learning when they shoot their first 5-10 deer. People making posts such as "i shot it now what" do not bother me as it is my pleasure to try and help them along with others on here that are a lot more knowledgeable than me. I had no one to show me how to hunt or even skin/butcher a deer for that matter growing up...I just learned by reading and then applying it in the woods...over and over until I became proficient...in fact, I don't think I was proficient with after shot woodsmanship until deer 15-20 or so....
Old 09-15-2008, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like the track youre on! We just bought a new smoker ourselves. Propane smokers are the best way to go since you can cantrol the heat better.

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

First i will gut the deer somewhere between my stand and truck unless it runs the other way away from my stand. second go home show the family and take most pics to show the family on here.
Then i will drive 14 miles to the bait shop i buy all my bait off of. the guy the butchers and he seems like a trusting guy. Then depending on how big it is or if it is my first deer i will take it to get mounted.
After that a trip to the store to buy a new smoker and i will be eatting bbq deer.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ron3775

With weather starting to look likefall, and velvet is off the antlers my favorite post is: I saw a buck chasing a doe yesterday, I think the rut is starting!
LOL, true.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

i am thinking about a bradley smoke they have a hopper you fill with pucks of wood. there electric. i saw on a cooking so where a guy said when you cook with propane it releases water vabor and then the water builds up on the meat and does not let the smoke get in as deep.
He mad his own smoker out of a little hot plate a pie pan, a taracota planter cost like 40 bucks. It was on good eats.
ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

I like the track youre on! We just bought a new smoker ourselves. Propane smokers are the best way to go since you can cantrol the heat better.

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656