Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ladder stand  cover  material >

ladder stand cover material

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ladder stand cover material

Old 09-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default ladder stand cover material

OK i posted some pics of the rack i found and the stand i just set up.
Some of you asked about the blind. Well here is how i did it.

First i turned the ladder stand on it's side. Then i used black zip ties to tie it to the rest bar on the back and run it down the back by the tree support bar. The i zip tied it anywhere i need to pull it tight.
I did both sides first by there selfs. Then i zip tied the bottom of the front. i did them bottom because if you do one side all the way up and use the other to open you must clip the bottom when in the stand a hard thing for me to do.

So i took two zip tied on both side and tied them to the bars going up and down. then i ran another through it so there was a loop to hook to.Then i zip tied a tie on the blind front so could hook it to the other loop with a safety pin. I did this up by the top aswell.
Seem to long good but i had a proplem.
With how close the trail i plan to have the deer come up is at to much of angle and my bow would have the blind right in the of my draw.

As for the material it is a pack i bought from walmart it was a 12foot by 60 inch piece of canvas with leaf cut outs so it had alittle movement.
It cost 12 bucks and 4.00 worth of zip ties. and a 99 cent pack of safety pins 4 total.

I end up taking the front off but left the sides on. it hurt seeing how it took a hour to get done.

Last year i had material i got from thefabric area of walmart it moved to much. The canvas moved less when i was doing 30 down the highway.

http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff332/bigtim6656/hunting/timintreestand.jpg
Old 09-09-2008, 10:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ladder stand cover material

Looks good to me.