Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Future Hunting Trips? >

Future Hunting Trips?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Future Hunting Trips?

Old 09-07-2008, 04:59 PM

Default Future Hunting Trips?

This whole hunting new places/species aspect of hunting has really hooked me starting with my DIY turkey hunts and how with my recent antelope hunt. I love this aspect of hunting. So what all do you guys have coming up over the next few years?

These are still up in the air for me

January 2009- TX Hogs/javelina
Fall 2010 or 2011- SD Mule Deer with Routier Outfitting
Spring 2009/10/11- NE, MO, OH, SD, MS, AR, GA turkey hunts just have to figure out which ones to hit up.

these are certain to happen, but exact dates are undetermined. mainly due to draw system of tags or time crunch for vacation time.

October 2010 or 2011 (2009 if we practically hit the lottery)- GA DIY Gator hunt, three guys heading down in my 20 ft boat with 3 tags. Filmed. draw system takes a few years to get tags.
Fall 2009 10 or 11- MN Bear Hunt with fellow HNIer. Finding time to head up is only thing in the way of this trip.
Summer 09- TX DIY Gator Gar hunt (6'+ 100#+ gar)
Spring 2009- AL, TN, KY, andSD turkey hunts

Further into the future I have plans of chasing elk, caribou, mt lion, world slam of turkey, blacktail, and many more....just takes time to save up the money for these once in a lifetime hunts.

On the flip side of this, I hope to be host of a few turkey hunts over the next few springs.. i have fallen in love with following hunters while calling/filming for them in the spring. Just as fun as the actual killing IMO.

So what all do you guys have coming up in the next few years? iamyourhuckelberry...you can try abbreviations if it will help your 30 minute type up of hunts.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Future Hunting Trips?

Hmmm this is what's on my agenda for the forthcoming year.

Spring '09 - Roebuck hunting around my state, pleanty of them roaming around. Meat on them are fantastic.

Summer '09 - Some more salmon/trout fishing and red stag stalking up in the Highlands

Fall '09 - Wood pigeon shooting after the barley harvest, maybe some patridge, pheasant or grouse too.

Winter '09 - Bowhunting whitetail deer over in my father in laws 280 ranch in MS for a month.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Dominant Buck

This coming Saturday....I'll be whitetail hunting with Diesel and the Ult. Camo guys in Eastern NC (Big Daddy Outfitters).

Halloween....I plan to hunt whitetails in PA with Rob/PA; Matt/PA; Q2inwhitetails and some others.

September '09 I will be in WY hunting pronhorns with Rob; Matt; Greg/MO; Kidd (Frank) and a few others.

I hope to take iamyourhuckleberry up on his offer to come west in 2010 for either an elk or another pronghorn hunt. Will is coming here to hunt whitetails this year....over the Thanksgiving holiday. I can't wait.

So far....that's it.

Rob/PA and Matt/PA will be here on the 18th to hunt whitetails with me.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Whatever/whenever I get luck with the tag draws.

But this fall, WY bison,
next fall, wy antelope, maybe CO mule deer archery

MI black bear in 2-4yrs probably.

ID moose when the timings right and I get lucky.
Elk when I get lucky...
along with all ofthose once in a lifetime tags...

Considering a sitka blacktail deer hunt on kodiak on an off year etc...

But it's all on the list...
Old 09-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

For my high school graduation I'm getting an antelope hunt out west! Can't wait!
Old 09-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah, I agree...the fun part is all the planning and applying for licenses. Well within 2 weeks I leave for Colorado for my 9th elk trip. This has been an annual tradition which now has expanded to other states.

October 2008 - South Dakota for a week of Whitetail Hunting
Remainder of 2008 - PA & NY Hunting Whitetails with a bow, muzzleloader and rifle

2009 - I should be able to draw the Kaibab Mule Deer tag in Arizona. In addition, I will apply for New Mexico, Wyoming, Arizona and Colorado (building points) for elk
**** I would say that Wyoming and Arizona that my odds of drawing are slim. If I had my option, it would be going to Arizona for the Mule Deer hunt, back to New Mexico for elk and the remainder around here.

2010 - Hard to predict, but I would like to do an archery moose hunt, so I will be starting some homework during the winter this year