HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Future Hunting Trips?
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 04:59 PM
TEmbry

Default Future Hunting Trips?

This whole hunting new places/species aspect of hunting has really hooked me starting with my DIY turkey hunts and how with my recent antelope hunt. I love this aspect of hunting. So what all do you guys have coming up over the next few years?

These are still up in the air for me

January 2009- TX Hogs/javelina
Fall 2010 or 2011- SD Mule Deer with Routier Outfitting
Spring 2009/10/11- NE, MO, OH, SD, MS, AR, GA turkey hunts just have to figure out which ones to hit up.

these are certain to happen, but exact dates are undetermined. mainly due to draw system of tags or time crunch for vacation time.

October 2010 or 2011 (2009 if we practically hit the lottery)- GA DIY Gator hunt, three guys heading down in my 20 ft boat with 3 tags. Filmed. draw system takes a few years to get tags.
Fall 2009 10 or 11- MN Bear Hunt with fellow HNIer. Finding time to head up is only thing in the way of this trip.
Summer 09- TX DIY Gator Gar hunt (6'+ 100#+ gar)
Spring 2009- AL, TN, KY, andSD turkey hunts

Further into the future I have plans of chasing elk, caribou, mt lion, world slam of turkey, blacktail, and many more....just takes time to save up the money for these once in a lifetime hunts.

On the flip side of this, I hope to be host of a few turkey hunts over the next few springs.. i have fallen in love with following hunters while calling/filming for them in the spring. Just as fun as the actual killing IMO.

So what all do you guys have coming up in the next few years? iamyourhuckelberry...you can try abbreviations if it will help your 30 minute type up of hunts.