Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Trips

Old 10-22-2003, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hunting Trips

Does anybody have any hunting trips planned for the next few weeks? A group of us (mainly family) are going to Siloam Springs Start Park, which is in west central IL. Had a few guys leave this morning including my neighbor. It was tough watching his F-150 pull out of his driveway, w/ a load of wood, camper, etc., while I was on my way to work. I' ll be joining them on Friday...which seems like a month away. The anticipation is killing me!
Old 10-22-2003, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hunting Trips

I just got back from Canada (New Burnswick) on a week long bear hunting trip... I didn' t even see a Bear, and only 1 deer all week... But I did see a 40 inch Moose walk right under my tree... It was AWSOME... We had a blast even though there wasn' t much game running around it was still worth the trip. We are going again in the spring and we should have alot better luck... Good Luck on your trip...
Old 10-22-2003, 11:40 AM

Every weekend!!!!
Old 10-22-2003, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

My next trip will be the first weekend in November. Another bowhunt up at my buddys camp. With both turkey and deer in season it should be a nice weekend.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

My deer " camp" is about 100 miles from home so I make the trip out there every weekend. Leave Friday night, come home Sunday night. Sometimes I try to sneak out of work early to get a Friday night hunt in, but that doesn' t always happen.

Other than that, my next real trip will be next fall back to Ontario for a bear hunt. Unless of course my dad talks me into a moose hunt with him again.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:20 PM

I hunt about 2 hours away from home so every trip is planned but I do have a big hunt out of state which I leave for in 15 days and a wake up!

It' s killin me too! I' ve looked over my gear at least 5 times already......
Old 10-22-2003, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

I was gone all week last week on a hunt in NE Texas. It was a great hunt. I came home without any meat but saw lots of game.

Next trip is planned for Mid November. 3 day hunt supervised by TPWD

Between now and then are just short one or two day trips. One more archery hunt then opening weekend of gun season.