Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 To pee or not to pee? That is the question. >

To pee or not to pee? That is the question.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To pee or not to pee? That is the question.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:40 AM

Default To pee or not to pee? That is the question.

I have heard that a deer in its travel path will run across so many different types of urine smells, that it is not a dealbreaker to pee from your stand instead of carring a bottle. Any input?
Old 09-05-2008, 04:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: To pee or not to pee? That is the question.

i do it all the time and have never had a prob with deer comeing in it wont hurt a thing just dont get cought with your pants down lol had a big doe bust me last year with my pecker out taking a pee
Old 09-05-2008, 05:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have never seen a negative impact from it....there was a local show in MI that did a study on doe pee vs buck pee vs human pee a few years ago and the results were very comparable as to attraction between the 3 with exception of an estrous doe...
Old 09-05-2008, 05:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

let it fly!

I've had deer come under my tree and sniff it only minutes after with no negative reactions
Old 09-05-2008, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

If ya gotta go......... GO!
Really its not that big a deal
Old 09-05-2008, 05:45 AM

Let 'er fly. I've heard way to many instances of deer actually stopping to smell a spot where someone had peed or make a mock scrape with their own urine.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Austin/WI

Let 'er fly. I've heard way to many instances of deer actually stopping to smell a spot where someone had peed or make a mock scrape with their own urine.
I actually saw a guy do this (mock scrape withhis own urine)on a TV show many years ago, me being new in the archery back then thought this guy was crazy....He shot a nice buck out of that set up, that was the first and only time I have ever seen that tacticused,I have never tried the mock scrape with my own urine, I would hate to think it could ruin a good spot. With that being said, I always clear a spot in the dirt below my stand to spit snuff into and I have literally had deer sniffing that spot underneath me on many occasions and they never have been affected by that....So, maybe it won't hurt a thing....Thats the cool thing about these animals, we will never know everything about them and they are all different, otherwise they might not be as fun to chase
Old 09-05-2008, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

I've always been paranoid of peeing from my stand. I always bring a "pee jug" with me. But it is interesting that so many of you let it "fly". Maybe I won't be so paranoid now, especially when I forget it in the truck, I hate when I do that.[&:]
Old 09-05-2008, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

This guy didn't know the camara was there, just looked like a good spot to take a wiz. Check out the times, I think that buck was a little curios of the new scent.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't see why guys take so many measures to be scent free and then pee right under their stand.[&:]

I take a pee canteen!!!

Quick Reply: To pee or not to pee? That is the question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.