Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 To pee or not to pee? That is the question. >

To pee or not to pee? That is the question.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

To pee or not to pee? That is the question.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: To pee or not to pee? That is the question.

ORIGINAL: rustynut

This guy didn't know the camara was there, just looked like a good spot to take a wiz. Check out the times, I think that buck was a little curios of the new scent.
Awesome proof that your piss carries a scent for a long time ... that post convinces me that my WIDE MOUTHED Gatorade bottle is the way to go
Old 09-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

ORIGINAL: rustynut

This guy didn't know the camara was there, just looked like a good spot to take a wiz. Check out the times, I think that buck was a little curios of the new scent.
Awesome proof that your piss carries a scent for a long time ... that post convinces me that my WIDE MOUTHED Gatorade bottle is the way to go
Is that so you have something in the stand in common with you............the BIG MOUTH!
Old 09-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Spike

I will wait to pee near my stand if i have to pee in the morning...I like to make mock scrapes and piss in them. I have had some very successful hunts doing this. Deer can just tell its urine, cant distinguish that it is human or dangerous.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NCBloodtrailer

I will wait to pee near my stand if i have to pee in the morning...I like to make mock scrapes and piss in them. I have had some very successful hunts doing this. Deer can just tell its urine, cant distinguish that it is human or dangerous.
I dunno ... have you guys ever drank alot of coffee and took a leak and it smelled like coffee??? I have ....
Old 09-05-2008, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

When I spent a summer with the Blackfeet Indians, one of the older folks told me that the indian hunters used to slather themselves in their own piss to use it as a cover scent to get close to the game without spooking.I was skeptical at first, so I did some research, which revealed thathuman urine smells just like any other animal urine, just without the pheromone complexes, so it jives, scientifically.

Ever since I learned that, I've been dousing my hat with fresh pee before every hunt, and dabbing a healthy shot of it under each armpit and on my face. My logs show a 32% increase in my deer sightings ever since I started doing that. I'd highly recommend it.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would say go for it unless you had asparagus the night before!!
Old 09-05-2008, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I pee from my tree and while the game camera picture shows the deer smelling the pee, he sure doesn't seem bothered by it. When a deer gets an alarming whiff of me it pops its head up with its ears out, stares for a second and then bolts. It sure doesn't come in to stick its nose in my armpit.

I have a friend who won't pee from a tree when deer hunting, but only started using unscented deoderant in the last 2 years. I don't get it, but the track record up on his wall speaks for itself.

If peeing in a bottle or holding it until your stomach hurts makes you more confident then go for it. Me, I'm confident that my tinkle doesn't hurt my chances one bit.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I pissout of my stand when the need arises. Never had any negative results because of it. If a deer is close enough to smell it, he's/she's a dead deer anyway.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:12 AM

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

I don't see why guys take so many measures to be scent free and then pee right under their stand.[&:]

I take a pee canteen!!!
Because it doesn't matter.[&:]I pee from my stand multiple times in one sitting and have never seen any ill effects come from it. Also, I have killed several deer from said stands after doing my business.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:13 AM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

When I spent a summer with the Blackfeet Indians, one of the older folks told me that the indian hunters used to slather themselves in their own piss to use it as a cover scent to get close to the game without spooking.I was skeptical at first, so I did some research, which revealed thathuman urine smells just like any other animal urine, just without the pheromone complexes, so it jives, scientifically.

Ever since I learned that, I've been dousing my hat with fresh pee before every hunt, and dabbing a healthy shot of it under each armpit and on my face. My logs show a 32% increase in my deer sightings ever since I started doing that. I'd highly recommend it.
are you saying that you pee on yourself?I will never want a deer that bad

Quick Reply: To pee or not to pee? That is the question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.