HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   To pee or not to pee? That is the question. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/261472-pee-not-pee-question.html)

steelslinger 09-05-2008 04:40 AM

To pee or not to pee? That is the question.

I have heard that a deer in its travel path will run across so many different types of urine smells, that it is not a dealbreaker to pee from your stand instead of carring a bottle. Any input?

bowhunter1984 09-05-2008 04:46 AM

RE: To pee or not to pee? That is the question.

i do it all the time and have never had a prob with deer comeing in it wont hurt a thing just dont get cought with your pants down lol had a big doe bust me last year with my pecker out taking a pee

Carpmaster 09-05-2008 05:00 AM

I have never seen a negative impact from it....there was a local show in MI that did a study on doe pee vs buck pee vs human pee a few years ago and the results were very comparable as to attraction between the 3 with exception of an estrous doe...

BTBowhunter 09-05-2008 05:03 AM

let it fly!

I've had deer come under my tree and sniff it only minutes after with no negative reactions

sandilands 09-05-2008 05:28 AM

If ya gotta go......... GO!
Really its not that big a deal

Austin/WI 09-05-2008 05:45 AM

Let 'er fly. I've heard way to many instances of deer actually stopping to smell a spot where someone had peed or make a mock scrape with their own urine.

TexasBowHunter 09-05-2008 07:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Austin/WI

Let 'er fly. I've heard way to many instances of deer actually stopping to smell a spot where someone had peed or make a mock scrape with their own urine.

I actually saw a guy do this (mock scrape withhis own urine)on a TV show many years ago, me being new in the archery back then thought this guy was crazy....He shot a nice buck out of that set up, that was the first and only time I have ever seen that tacticused,I have never tried the mock scrape with my own urine, I would hate to think it could ruin a good spot. With that being said, I always clear a spot in the dirt below my stand to spit snuff into and I have literally had deer sniffing that spot underneath me on many occasions and they never have been affected by that....So, maybe it won't hurt a thing....Thats the cool thing about these animals, we will never know everything about them and they are all different, otherwise they might not be as fun to chase;)

DROCK 09-05-2008 07:05 AM

I've always been paranoid of peeing from my stand. I always bring a "pee jug" with me. But it is interesting that so many of you let it "fly". Maybe I won't be so paranoid now, especially when I forget it in the truck, I hate when I do that.[&:]

rustynut 09-05-2008 07:14 AM

This guy didn't know the camara was there, just looked like a good spot to take a wiz. Check out the times, I think that buck was a little curios of the new scent.

robbcayman 09-05-2008 07:25 AM

I don't see why guys take so many measures to be scent free and then pee right under their stand.[&:]

I take a pee canteen!!!