Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bending at the waist?  Contorted? >

Bending at the waist? Contorted?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bending at the waist? Contorted?

Old 09-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bending at the waist? Contorted?

Texas......

Slide your peep up 1" and see if your peep isn't an anchor REFERENCE.

If an archer could utilize the same anchor point EVERY TIME....he'd have absolutely NO use for a peep.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I disagree,The said archerwould usethe peepto see through the string to get a clear field of view....You made my point very valid with that statement
Old 09-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Answered my own question???? Where?....lol

How do archers who don't utilize a peep shoot consistantly? I'd like to get germ's take on this....along with the Matt's and Rob. Sliver? TFOX? Others???
Old 09-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Answered my own question???? Where?....lol

How do archers who don't utilize a peep shoot consistantly? I'd like to get germ's take on this....along with the Matt's and Rob. Sliver? TFOX? Others???
Yeah, I revised that statement!!!

I never said an archer couldn't shoot consistantly w/o a peep, I know plenty that do and do it well....I am just making the point that a peep is not a consistant anchor reference...It just opens the field of view for an archer that chooses to shoot center shot...
Old 09-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Dominant Buck

I am just making the point that a peep is not a consistant anchor reference
Texas......

Slide your peep up 1" and see if your peep isn't an anchor REFERENCE.
Of course it is.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nope!!!! If I slide my peep up the string will be in my field of view, that being said I could move my sight a hair to the right or left (which ever way)and get around my string and still maintain all my anchor references and shoot just as good as I could before!!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Dominant Buck

If it isn't a point of anchor reference.....why is it WHERE it is on your bowstring? Let's take "why" it's there out of the equation.

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it isn't a point of anchor reference.....why is it WHERE it is on your bowstring? Let's take "why" it's there out of the equation.

Thanks!
The peep is WHERE it is to allow an archer to see his or her pins through the string. It is where it is b/c that is how your eye lines up in reference to your sight pins once you are already anchored...

Before they had peeps, I shot around my string using the same references that I do today.

The reason a peep is not a good anchor point is b/c they are too big and allow too much room for error, if you were to use a really small peep (which a lot of archers do in the competition side of it) then it would become a better anchor reference but then you would not be able to see your game except in perfect lighting situations....
Old 09-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Dominant Buck

It is where it is b/c that is how your eye lines up in reference to your sight pins once you are already anchored...
Thank you
Old 09-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks!
You should draw back to a solid consistant anchor point. THEN you should put your peep at the proper height to allow you to see through your string.

The peep is WHERE it is, because your eye is a certain height above your anchor point.

If you only lower your bow arm and tilt your head down, the entire geometry of the sight system changes. You need to move your head and bow arm around the same pivot point. Bending at the waist provides the best practicalcommon pivot point for your head and bow arm. If you don't bend at the waist, youlower your bow arm around a different pivot than your lower your head, and when you do that, all the angles change if you were to draw the sight lines out on a sheet of paper.

Quick Reply: Bending at the waist? Contorted?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.