Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Poacher Decoys

Old 08-28-2008, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default Poacher Decoys

Per the legitimate, hunting decoy thread, I did a search on google on deer decoy videos and this was the first one to come up. Thought its a couple of years old and some of you may have seen, it thought it was interesting. Especially the number of guys jumping out of their truck from the side of the road and firing arrow after arrow at the deer. As one officer put it, its amazing to see guys shoot seven, eight arrows at a deer that doesn't react and they still don't know something's up.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/69288/deer_decoy/

Old 08-28-2008, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Poacher Decoys

I wonder what they guys say when they pick them up.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Pathetic and they deserve everything they get including humiliation.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

This is amazing news to me. I thought that everyone who picked up a bow became transformed into an instant Saint who is incapable of such conduct. Another sacred cow slaughtered before my very eyes[]
Old 08-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

you see these decoys sitting out by the side of the road in michigan alot. or at least i have. on my way up to my hunting spot the week before and the first few days of gun season. road hunting is still widely practiced and i have seen people driving around my area to see a deer in the field hop out and get the guns pretty crazy if you ask me.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guess we always have to wonder about whether that deer were watching is real or not .

Poachers deserve the worst though.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I commend the Conservation Agents for conducting these operations and apprehending these criminals. Its not a good feeling when everyone you come in contact is armed with a high powerd rifle.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

And this is why per the other legitimate hunting decoy thread, I would never use a decoy in MY hunting setups. All of my private land setups are deep in the woods. The only chance I have to hunt open fields is public land and nooooooo way am I setting up a decoy in those circumstance. We have enough road hunters around.

Per the video, I enjoy the officer casually walking up behind the one dum dum lost in his quest to arrow the decoy, and shouting stop shooting arrows, in disgust. Kind of like he couldn't even believe the stupidity.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

LCC, sainthood w/ the stringed weapons is reserved only for those that shoot compounds. People that shoot Xbows are dogs and unsportsmanlike! PA is real big on these decoys and it is unbeleivable how many people are popped each year shooting bows and guns at these. I wished they made a deer that could talk and make statements like "try again bonehead" or nyahnyah you missed me". The GW could sit and jack poachers all the night long.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:15 PM

Those decoys aren't even big enough that I'd shoot them legally. I think that video is hilarious.