Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poacher

Old 07-11-2008, 02:56 AM

Default Poacher

Last season I was in my stand whenever a poacher drove up to check out my feeder. I have a video of him butI cannot make out his license plate. I was wondering if anyone knew how I could clearup the video and hopefully be able tomake out his license plate.Thanks.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:20 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Poacher

Dude, Im sorry I won't come back I promise..........Oh wait, are you in east Texas ?
Ha !
On the cleaning up the video, probably not gonna happen. Keep your eyes open and your guns loaded.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

You should be able to take a still image off of the video footage with a video editing program and then edit the photo with photoshop or an alike program. For video editing, I have used Sony Vegas in the past.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:28 AM
Spike

If nothing else, show it to your local game warden. If the guy is a career poacher, the GW will certainly recognize the truck and will at least know who to look for if somethng does happen.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

If he has any sort of pattern I would just wait nearby with my shotgun for him to show up!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

shoot out his tires from your treestand

that'll get his attention, then start screaming at the SOB
Old 07-11-2008, 10:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Bassdude08

Last season I was in my stand whenever a poacher drove up to check out my feeder. I have a video of him butI cannot make out his license plate. I was wondering if anyone knew how I could clearup the video and hopefully be able tomake out his license plate.Thanks.
How do you know he was a poacher? I stop and watch deer all the time, but that doesn't make me a poacher!

Old 07-11-2008, 01:46 PM

ORIGINAL: refross

ORIGINAL: Bassdude08

How do you know he was a poacher? I stop and watch deer all the time, but that doesn't make me a poacher!

The week before I saw this guya neighbor found a deer with just the antlers cut off about 400 yards from where my feeder is. This guy drove 300 yards off of the county road to where he had a clear view of my feeder at about 100 yards. Then whenever he looked in the tripod and saw me he hauled ass back through the field. I am positive he wasn't just stopping and trespassing on my property tojust watch deer. There is a major problem with poaching in the Texas Panhandle.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:33 PM

definitely coordinate with your DNR folks.....and be careful, its not unheard of for a poacher to be HUI, hunting under the influence.....and that makes it 10X as dangerous. good luck...i hope you can solve your problem.