Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb >

First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

Old 08-22-2008, 04:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Default First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

It's a neat looking stand.....and it's light.

Man, though.....what's with all the moving parts and tightening and loosening of straps? I'm sure I'll get a "system" down....but it's gonna take a while.

LOVE being able to shoot sitting down. Big "plus". I ordered the saddlebag (LW) with it....and attached it to the rail on the left side (if you're sitting in the seat). I can keep the bungee (WHY does that thing come loose from the platform?????[:@]) in the bag....along with my tether, haullineand a bow hook.

Ordered the GWW backstraps, today....so I'm not even gonna put the LW straps on it.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

Do you still have to guess when you attach it to the tree?

You missed the boat! Should have gotten an Equalizer.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Doesn't the saddlebag/wolf pack come with the back straps??? I was wondering how this pack was, is it worth the $99.00?
Old 08-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Fork Horn

what's with all the moving parts and tightening and loosening of straps?
moving parts allow it to be packed flat and compact, the two straps are how you keep the top and bottom sections togethers and make it rock solid when you get up the tree. Those same two straps allow you to tighten the two sections together for quiet packing through the woods.

Oh BTW, you dont exactly have to guess when attaching to the tree, once you use it enough you'll find a quick and safe way to adjust it

Don't worry, after a few uses you'll find your groove with this stand.
Dominant Buck

No, no.....I didn't order the wolfpack. I just ordered the 12"x12" saddlebag.

The backstraps .....were ordered from Grey Wolf Woolens. They look pretty cool....and pretty comfortable. I won't even put those straps that came with it on....lol.

Thats and expensive stand. I think I payed $180 for my aluminum Summit, and its got alot less "things going on" on it.
Summits are great. I still have one..and I'll hunt out of it on occasion, too. This stand will fill a niche....as does the summit.

When you take this seat and attach it to the tree.....and remember that summit.....well.....there's a HUGE difference.

Looking forward to getting my groove....lol. It's a really cool stand. Can I climb "quieter" with this stand (as others have advertised? Honestly??? I don't see how. Louder?? Nope. I just wanna be fair to both brands.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hopefully it's worth the money Jeff. good luck!
Old 08-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

You'll get it down. I have the hand climber and can set it up without any noise in a couple of minutes. For a climber I won't use anything else but a LW!
Old 08-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

Thats and expensive stand. I think I payed $180 for my aluminum Summit, and its got alot less "things going on" on it.

Nice stand, none-the-less....Hope you stick a pig from it.
Thats what i was thinking too....i looked and laughed at their hang on today, 180 bucks and absolute junk quality....the employees must have ZERO pride in their work or it isn't made in the USA which i didnt look to see.....
Old 08-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Here's the thing I don't understand.....

"Junk"??

I've owned a summit lock on and a LW lock on. Don't make me pick (between them) which one was closer to being "junk". The summit won't win that battle.

Summits are comfortable. They are great stands. Nothing bad to say about them.....at all.

But to say the LW product line is "junk"......come on

Quick Reply: First 30 minites with the LW sit and climb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.