Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Striker Magnum

Old 08-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Striker Magnum

Just wanted to post a small review I did on the striker magnums by G5. This head is a fixed blade three blade head with a 1.5" cutting diameter. The furrel is the same as the regular striker but with larger blades, giving it the larger cutting diameter as well as a somewhat steeper blade angle. These heads are advertised as being great close range heads, well depending on what you consider close range I think they will do just fine at anyones range. I shot them out of two different bows, one was shooting 292fps and the other was screaming at 330fps. Both shot with flawless arrow flight and hit just like my field tips. I didnt have a chance to do any long range work with them but out to 50 yards they were flying like darts and hitting right with my field tips. As Im sure you experienced guys can imagin these heads will deffinetly let you know if your bow is out of tune, but with a well tuned bow I would say they fly as well as any fixed blade head out there. So if anyone is wanting a very large cutting diameterhead and is not looking for an expandable I would highly recommend these. I plan on using them when hunting my ground blinds, cause I like large cutting diameter heads but will not chance shooting an expandable through the mesh on my blinds.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Striker Magnum

I noticed on some in the store that a couple of the blades were loose in the ferrels... even when you screwed them into an arrow. I know that some of the standard strikers had that problem too. You notice anything like that on yours passthru?
Old 08-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Striker Magnum

I never had a problem with loose blades. I usualy torque mine down pretty good though. I did notice on some if you didnt tighten them down real well they would move slightly, but once I got them good and tight like I like them they were fine.Im sure a bad pack has slipped through here and there, you will get that on occasion regardless of manufacterer.