Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 High Fence - Real Life Scenario >

High Fence - Real Life Scenario

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

High Fence - Real Life Scenario

Old 08-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: High Fence - Real Life Scenario

ORIGINAL: GMMAT
Would this be OK? Would it be teaching him a bad lesson?

I'd love to hear your thoughts. You all helped me with my decision, last year....and I thank you for it.

This won't be MY decision. I've read enough, so far, to know that I won't DENY him this if he wants to do it, though.

What I was trying to keep out of the conversation was people imposing their OWN thoughts (on the subject at hand....and how THEY, themselves, feel about it)into how HE should feel.
??!!

edit: request granted...did it change anything?
Old 08-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff, if you are opposed to hunting in that manner for yourself what kind of message is it giving your son if you say it's OK for him to do it?
Fair question....but it isn't all about, ME.
No, it isn't about you, but it is about an oppertunity YOU'REpresenting to your son. If you're basicallynot in favor of that type of hunt, you're still participating (however indirectly) in it, and dropping your standards,if you allow your son to hunt that way. Like somebody else said, if your son has an intrest in hunting, he will persue it without the help of a high fence hunt. If he doesn't, he wont.This obviously, will have to be your call. Good luck Dad.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Dominant Buck

You could build a city between when those two posts aired, Badger.

I mentioned somewhere in between those that I'd made the decision, along the way, to allow HIM to make his own decision.

You can go back and quote that, too, if you'd like.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Dominant Buck

No, it isn't about you, but it is about an oppertunity YOU'REpresenting to your son.
EI...

What if I got him an invite to have dinner with Senator Obama? Should I let my personal views of the man interfere with something my son may enjoy or gain from ("gain" being a VERY broad word)?

Neither is illegal.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: AF Hunter

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Just like jumbo shrimp,military intelligence,and so many other oxymoron's hunting and high fences just fit together kinda like a web foot on a chicken.
HEY! That one hurt! Dern BJ, I aint slapped you around for anything!
Don't take it heart ,didn't you catch on after a short stint and get out.
If you consider 33 years a short stint, YES! I retired from the Air Force (Military Intelligence) on July 1st of this year.
Jim likes sticking his foot is his mouth[8D]
Old 08-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love how you ask for peoples thoughts on an issue, then you want to argue overtheir answer. You're a piece of work! I'll say it again. This will have to be your call Dad.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Dominant Buck

EI put a sock in it.....lol.

I'm not arguing with you. I aksed you a QUESTION.

If I didn't think it was relative....I woudn't have asked. I'm interested in your answer.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

JIM:

Only reply I have to that is......If I was going to condemn one of his decisions.....I wouldn't give him the choice.
I think you are misunderstanding my point. Condemn andnotagree withare 2 different things. Plus, I think that the best lessons learned are from mistakes we make and not allowing someone to fail is really a disservice to them in the long run IMO.

You're a good person, and I am sure a good dad. You know your son and what the right course of action is. I am just saying what is right for me in my situation tothe best of my knowledge.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Just like jumbo shrimp,military intelligence,and so many other oxymoron's hunting and high fences just fit together kinda like a web foot on a chicken.
HEY! That one hurt! Dern BJ, I aint slapped you around for anything!
Don't take it heart ,didn't you catch on after a short stint and get out.
If you consider 33 years a short stint, YES! I retired from the Air Force (Military Intelligence) on July 1st of this year.
Jim likes sticking his foot is his mouth[8D]
Langually challenged, follicly challenged, and now the eyes are going. look close at the little smiley guy. That looks just like this.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Dominant Buck

The rest of my post was stating that I would not pretend to him or myself that I thought it was the right decision. Know what I mean?
Sorry, Jim....I just took it to mean you would tell him you weren't happy about his decision if he asked.If thatWAS the case (not syaing it is) ....what I meant was I wouldn'tgive him the chanceto make that decision if I thought I'd have to tell him that.

I apparently misunderstood. Sorry about that.

Quick Reply: High Fence - Real Life Scenario

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.