Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone in the market for binos? >

Anyone in the market for binos?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone in the market for binos?

Old 08-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Anyone in the market for binos?

And don't want to spend too much money? We got some of the new Nikon Trailblazer ATB's in the shop the other day and for the money, they are going to be REALLY hard to beat. The ones we got, are the 10x50's. They are pretty impressive for the money. I think they retail in the $180 range. They are really close to my Monarch 10x42's, they are just a little bulkier. If anyone is in the market for some new binos, in that price range you should DEFINATELY check those out.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone in the market for binos?

Thanks for the tip. I'm in the market because my Brunton 10x42s stopped focusing last year.[:@]

I like the Nikons. I'll have to try them side by side with some others and see how they look.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Typical Buck

Im not very familiar with binos but how much do they zoom in as much as a spoting scope?
Old 08-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Thanks for the tip. I'm in the market because my Brunton 10x42s stopped focusing last year.[:@]

I like the Nikons. I'll have to try them side by side with some others and see how they look.
When I was looking back in the spring. I almost went with the Brunton Eterna 11x45's. I ended up going with the Nikon Monarch ATB 10x42's and haven't looked back. Nikon makes some top notch stuff.

These Trailblazers look almost identical to my Monarch's but just a little bigger.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ryncam16

Im not very familiar with binos but how much do they zoom in as much as a spoting scope?
Most of your binos do not zoom, say if you have a 10 X 50 power pair of binos... 10X is the power, or "zoom" the 50 is you feild of view (how wide of a picture your going to see) and also the higher this number the brighter the image will be...and bulkier
Old 08-01-2008, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

Thank you. thats what i ment the 10x power not zoom so a spoting scope is alot more powerful cause its 45x power.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

When I was looking back in the spring. I almost went with the Brunton Eterna 11x45's. I ended up going with the Nikon Monarch ATB 10x42's and haven't looked back. Nikon makes some top notch stuff.

These Trailblazers look almost identical to my Monarch's but just a little bigger.

I also purchased the Nikon Monarch ATB's last year and haven't regretted it one bit. Pretty amazing how clear the view is, especially at dawn or dusk, in low light conditions. I watched a few deer through my Monarch's last year that were 100 yards away early one morning, and it was neat to put my bino's down and notice that I couldn't see them anymore. The bino's allow you to see in those low light conditions.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

ORIGINAL: ryncam16

Most of your binos do not zoom, say if you have a 10 X 50 power pair of binos... 10X is the power, or "zoom" the 50 is you feild of view (how wide of a picture your going to see) and also the higher this number the brighter the image will be...and bulkier
Youare correct withthe "10" designating the power of the binos.....What it actually means thoughis that the binos will make what ever you are looking at appear 10 times closer to you than it is.8X would make it appear 8 times closer to you etc...

But, the "50" in "10X50" stands for the size (measured running along the width of the glass)of the objective lenses in milimeters.