Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 About Washington Hunter's thread; Remorse? >

About Washington Hunter's thread; Remorse?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

About Washington Hunter's thread; Remorse?

Old 07-21-2008, 04:28 PM

Default RE: About Washington Hunter's thread; Remorse?

why don't you just re-evaluate how you hunt? Kill only what you need to eat and what you see fit and screw the reputation, who do you need to impress? I hate to see you leave hunting b/c of regret on how you used to do it. Change your perspectives, if you feel like shooting one, then shoot it, if you don't then don't. Ask yourself, do I love hunting? Do I love taking the life of an animal? Remember these two questions are important b/c that's what drives most of us. We all love the woods and outdoors, that's a giving, but we have to actually like hunting down these animals and killing them. there is no other way of putting at this time. You either want to do it or you don't. Either way it's your decision and you will always be welcome back to this brotherhood.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:03 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I surely respect your decision, WW......and I wish you the best. I understand how one could feel that way, also.

And this....

yet today I find it hard to watch some of the hunting shows on TV. Hearing the laughter and seeing the fist pumping after the shot kinda makes me cringe.
This is a sign of low-class that I totally agree with you on. Flame away.......it's low-class IMO.

Take care, pal.
You gonna tell Hunsucker he's low class for fist pumping when he shot his bird on HB Episode 3? S'good for the goose, and all that right?

WW - Best of luck to you bud. Took a lot to let us all know how you're feeling. Hope you find something to take hunting's place in your life.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I toe that line myself Windwalker...I love hunting, love being in the outdoors and the adventures that transpire during my time there.

To many people both on this board and in society you have to be a natural born killer to be a great hunter. I consider myself on par with most on the hunting aspect....when it comes time to release the string, I can find more reasons not too..than too. To me it's not a flaw. Good luck in your pursuits what-ever they may be, and hunting or not, you're always welcome here.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

godbless good luck nice pic reminds me when i was in ky at mammoth cave feeding them marshmellows 5 feet from me
Old 07-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Ican't say that I agree with you butI do understand your reasons, I feel far to many miss what hunting is really about.

For so many that post here sheer number of kills is all that matters.I find the nanny whacking threads in as poor a taste as any thing I have ever read. A doe is a very fine animal and deserves more respect than they are given.

Way To many kill just to kill,the kill is why its called hunting,but hunting isfar more thanjust the killing.

My hunting has changed as I have matured, I kill one or sometimes two bucks per year,one from PA & one from NY. I have no reason to kill any morebut feel no guilt in taking the ones that I do,we eat well.

I wish you the best,a camera can extend your time in the woods with no seasons or bag limits.
Be sure and post some ofyour better ones.
Great post Jim!!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best of luck to you. I think allot of us have some of the same feelings, thats why its so important to make sure you have taken every step to practice shooting, and make sure you can make the best humane shot as possible before letting that arrow fly.