Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 About Washington Hunter's thread; Remorse? >

About Washington Hunter's thread; Remorse?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

About Washington Hunter's thread; Remorse?

Old 07-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: About Washington Hunter's thread; Remorse?

ORIGINAL: magicman54494

Good luck to you. Have you concidered chasing them with a camera? All the fun of hunting without the kill. Then you could share the pics with us and make us all drool
i know a ton of people that do that now! they say they like it more than hunting even, if i were you id give it a try.

goodluck in everything! i wish you the best
Old 07-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

You do what you have to do, to make yourself happy. Good luck.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great post Mr. Oneal. I have really enjoyed reading your post over the years and have nothing but respect for your personal decision. Maybe if you ever have the urge again to hunt the "trophy" route might be the way to go for you. Targeting one buck or a goal buck is allot of fun and the amount of deer you pass on lends lots of time to enjoy them in the wild. Best of luck to you friend. Chris
Great post Motown! I don't know you personally but by going off of what Motown says your a guy that deserves all the respect in the world. That was a great bunch of words you layed out there WindWalker!! Thats enough right there for me to give you the utmost respect, not many people on here would have the "berries" to right up what you did. I wish you the best in whatever you decide is right for you!!

Good luck and take care.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:54 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

You've got to do what is right for you. Good luck with life.

Tim
Old 07-21-2008, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

From prior post's I understood the conflict you were having.I respect your being true to your self!
Old 07-21-2008, 06:27 AM
Dominant Buck

I surely respect your decision, WW......and I wish you the best. I understand how one could feel that way, also.

And this....

yet today I find it hard to watch some of the hunting shows on TV. Hearing the laughter and seeing the fist pumping after the shot kinda makes me cringe.
This is a sign of low-class that I totally agree with you on. Flame away.......it's low-class IMO.

Take care, pal.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:30 AM
Bartender

Good Luck pal total respect on my end.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:42 AM

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

I'm not ready to Stop eating yet!

I like meat, fish, chicken, pork, beef, venison, etc., etc. I guess some people feel this remorse thing but honestly I don't.

I hunt to Kill and without killing I would quit. God made man ruler over the animals. He didn't want us to worship them.

My eyes are in the front of my head and that makes me a predator by birth.

Dan
Good luck to you. I know a fella who is in the same boat as you, feeds his deer and and can literally pet them. Hold your head up high, there is nothing wrong with your choice and change of heart.

In regards to your post MeanV, if god didnt want us to worship some animals, none of us would! If you are a believer in God as you say you are, then I am sure you would understand his complete versatility in how he made people. I am a hunter like you, I believe in hunting as you. But I do not believe God made all people hunters and he meant for no one to worship animals. I worship my dogs, they are my life. They worship me, we have a bond that goes way beyond any friendship with another human. And maybe just maybe God chose it for this man to now have a bond with deer. It is apparent he did.

Please post some pictures periodically. I enjoy seeing pictures like that.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Windwalker, I read your post when you first put it up and didn't reply because I honestly didn't know how to reply. I couldn't imagine being in your shoes where that fire for the hunt isn't burning anymore. No offense to you, but I hope I am never in your shoes either.

The situation being what it is though, I completely respect your decision. The whole point of hunting is the love of the outdoors and enjoying the hunt. That is something that you can no longer do, so the soul of the hunt is lost.

Best of luck to you and enjoy your future interactions with animals in whatever way you choose. Magicman had a great idea to chase them with a camera. Best wishes to you, and you'll always have a place in our brotherhood.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Worship is a strong word. I say again God did not intend us to worship any animal![8D]

I haveLoved Dogs, and Horses, but I never loose sight that they are an animal.

Maybe being raised on a farm, slaughtering animals for food, etc., etc. makes me feel the way I do, but Man was born a Predator.

Just because some choose not to be does not change that fact. I have no problem with anyones decision to hunt or hug animals.

Mine is to Hunt them down and Kill them!

Dan

Quick Reply: About Washington Hunter's thread; Remorse?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.