Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question about a trail camera that I heard about >

Question about a trail camera that I heard about

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question about a trail camera that I heard about

Old 07-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Spike

Default Question about a trail camera that I heard about

Is there a trail camera that sends the pictures to your PC? if so what is it and how does it work thanks for the help.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:38 PM

Default RE: Question about a trail camera that I heard about

Smart Scouter

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/readonly-item.jsp?id=418542&itemTemplate=products-found&cmCat=EOF

SmartScouterâ„¢ Cellular Surveillance System
Imagine a scouting camera capable of sending you photos instantly anywhere in the world. That is a reality with the new SmartScouter system. All you need is an internet connection or cell phone to view all the latest images from your favorite hunting spots. The SmartScouter essentially is a 1.3-megapixel scouting camera capable of sending digital images just like a cell phone. Here's how it works: set up the SmartScouter just like you would a regular scouting camera. It will detect game movement and snap a photo. The image is sent wirelessly through the cellular network to smartscouter.com. You can then retrieve images and manage the camera from your computer or cell phone. Send pictures to your computer or cell phone within 40 seconds. Convenience is just one of SmartScouter's many advantages. It saves you time and money by eliminating travel expenses to and from camera locations for picture retrieval. You won't have to disrupt your hunting area, eliminating the chance of spooking away game before the start of the season. You get 24/7 picture viewing in real time for the most accurate scouting information. This means you'll know where to hunt tomorrow based on today's game movement. Each contract can have up to six different guest accounts, making it perfect for hunting groups and clubs. The SmartScouter can also be used as a normal scouting camera in areas without cellular coverage. It has a built-in compact flash (CF) card slot for easy image retrieval and allows you to use the camera in areas with no cellular coverage. The infrared monitoring flash system allows you to set the camera next to your stand location for precise scouting without the fear of spooking game with a white flash. The 50 infrared bulbs illuminate out to 60 feet. Three smart Passive Infrared Sensor settings (high, medium and low) detect different temperatures, while allowing the camera to sleep and conserve energy. The system is capable of taking pictures at specific times, and image resolutions can be set at high or low settings. Best of all, each of these adjustments can be made from your computer via your personal user account on smartscouter.com. SmartScouter currently sends pictures over the Sprint and Alltel networks to include their roaming partners such as Verizon.

SmartScouter pricing plan: SmartScouter base charge is $14.99 per month (in season) and $7.99 when not in use (off season). You can hibernate your account for up to six months per year. The first 500 pictures each month are $0.04 for each low-resolution image and $0.10 for each high-resolution image. After the first 500 pictures, the fee is $0.02 for low resolution and $0.05 for high resolution. A wireless contract is required on activation. A one-time activation fee of $20 applies to all contracts. Cancellation fee is $75.

[/align]SmartScouterâ„¢ Cellular Surveillance System
Item:QX-418542
Regular
$649.99

Old 07-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question about a trail camera that I heard about

Its at the website, www.makehuntingintoavideogame.com:)