Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wraps no Wraps

Old 07-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Wraps no Wraps

Jesus, Hog.....Here's my quote from page 1.

But the MAIN reason I put 6" wraps on my arrows is.......I use reflective material. It makes them WAY easier to find in the dark (shine a ight in the area) and once you find it at your POI (or on the trail) I stick the arrow up in the ground and use it for a point of reference while I'm tracking. I can shine my light back along the trail to get my bearings and see the reflective wrap, with ease.

Nothing wrong with using them for personalization purposes.....but mine serve an even morevalid purpose.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:02 PM

There are other reasons for using them other than "looking cool" and anyone who tells you otherwise does not know what they are talking about. There are many people on this site who can attest to other benefits. I cannot tell you how many times I hear I like my wrap for this or that, again it is a personal choice but it is used for something more than just a sticker.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Dominant Buck

And don't think for a second that added weight to your arrow is (always)a BAD thing.

In the right circumstances/setup.....it's DESIRED.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe if everyone used "personnalized" wraps on them so that any time you lost an arrow, weather it bestuck in a lost animal or just stuck in the brush some where, the arrow could br traced back to the shooter, kind of like bullet stamping. Maybe this would curb bad shot selection/placement. [8D]

I like lookin' cool I guess, but I also like being able to have an easier time finding my arrow. Same reason I sometimes use lighted arrow nocks! Now those things really aid in showing arrow flight, much better than bright vanes and wraps!

Old 07-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

And don't think for a second that added weight to your arrow is (always)a BAD thing.
Most just prefer not to add weight on the back end if they know much about the workings of an arrow. Weight on front is good, but adding weightto the back canbe most generally is Not Good.

If anyone uses lighted nocks, wraps, vanes, etc. Be sure to check your FOC. If it's not high enough keep your shots close.

Dan
Old 07-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i fletch up 4 for my grandpals arrows. i have used them befor and i thought they where ok. But i did them for him and within a couple of shots the are all ready wearing the color off. Does anyone no y this is? Are they just chep ones r do ur alls do this to?
Old 07-11-2008, 05:37 AM

I started using wraps this year. I like the added visibility. I don't like adding weight to the rear of the arrow, but there is no free lunch. Since I'm using feathers it helps offset the added weight. I used Blazer Tigerwraps because the stripes help hide surface imperfections on the shafts from being re-fletched. I also like using Blazer wraps with feathers because it's not PC.[8D]