Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wraps no Wraps

Old 07-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wraps no Wraps

How good do wraps work and what do they do? Are they worth getting them?
Old 07-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wraps no Wraps

They're mostly to look cool... I think... Butthey also help see what kind of blood is on your arrow if you get white wraps but other than that they are just to look cool.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

personalization.....and being able to tel what kind of blood....other than that theres not realy a need or real big "use" for them beside to personalize yer stuff

Old 07-10-2008, 12:17 AM

As has been mentioned, they allow you to see type/color of blood on your arrow, though this works best with all white wraps. Other than that, wraps really help aid in seeing yourr arrow in flight. Because of this, you're better able to see where you hit before the animal takes off as well.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

No glove, no love..........wrap that rascal. lol
Old 07-10-2008, 06:43 AM
Dominant Buck

They're mostly to look cool... I think... Butthey also help see what kind of blood is on your arrow if you get white wraps but other than that they are just to look cool.
Nope.

personalization.....and being able to tel what kind of blood....other than that theres not realy a need or real big "use" for them beside to personalize yer stuff
Nope.

Other than that, wraps really help aid in seeing yourr arrow in flight. Because of this, you're better able to see where you hit before the animal takes off as well.
Yep.

But the MAIN reason I put 6" wraps on my arrows is.......I use reflective material. It makes them WAY easier to find in the dark (shine a ight in the area) and once you find it at your POI (or on the trail) I stick the arrow up in the ground and use it for a point of reference while I'm tracking. I can shine my light back along the trail to get my bearings and see the reflective wrap, with ease.

Nothing wrong with using them for personalization purposes.....but mine serve an even morevalid purpose.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:47 AM
Typical Buck

Do you need to refletch them to put wraps on or can you put them at the base of the fletching? My sons arrows are camo with red and black fletchings. Very hard to find when the neighbor shots my sons bow and misses into the cowfield.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

They just look good without having to hand paint the arrow. It may reduce a bit of FOC however.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Good point, Bob. I should have stated that I use a really heavy (450gr) arrow.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:26 AM

One thing I might add as a benefit is that most say you will get better adhesion from the vane to the wrap then from the vane to the shaft if you are using carbon arrows. My local shop talked me into them for this fact and for visibility during and AFTER the shot. Onestringer is a great place to look for wraps and Mindy can make almost anything you want. Their wraps are about 1.1 gpi so just make sure that this weight in addition to all the other things on your arrow will work with your current spine setup (as advised to me by others). Have fun.

Quick Reply: Wraps no Wraps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.