Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whisker biscuit

Old 07-09-2008, 06:43 AM

Default RE: whisker biscuit

I like mine. First time you have an arrow come off your rest and go DING! and that buck takes off. You'll be using a whisker. Granted it may go against traditional Bowhunting standards......but then again if your talking traditional, shouldnt we all be using sticks and string?

Pick out what works best for you. What you feel most comfortable with. Shoot out of your stand. Move around in your stand to simulate having to bend etc for a shot, if it works for you great. If you dont like it get something else. Bow hunting for me is feeling confident you can put the perfect shot on that perfect buck. I'm confident in my Whisker. (Hope the people at whisker are reading, i could use a new one ) haha
Old 07-09-2008, 06:54 AM

Oh the old whisker biscuit debate-will it slow you down? Yes---will it have vane contact? Yes---Can it be a bit tough on CERTAIN vanes? Yes. But it will only slow you down a few fps (proven time and time again) and there are a lot of vanes such as Blazers that can take the contact fine. Heck what do a couple of vanes cost anyways. The pro's in my mind (for hunting) far outweigh the cons such as easy to setup, foolproof after setup, no tinkering after setup, extremely reiliable at critical times during hunting, affordable and very very widely used for these reasons. The absolute best hunters I know with many many years of experience ALL use the whisker biscuit. I tried very hard to find reasons not to like them and failed.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went from prongs, to the WB, to a drop away, back to the WB. All the critters I've killed while using the WB, tells me that all the negatives don't add up too much to worry about.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't "hunt" with any other.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Dominant Buck

A major con that i ran into was when my arrows got wet they caused a loud screech when i drew back
And as David stated.....they're noisy.

I think it's a great hunting rest for a LOT of people, though. And honestly.....if you're using the "right" arrow.....they're not even noisy. I was using Radial X-Weaves....and they were very noisy on the draw.

I switched to a full containment type drop away....and I've never looked back.

Good luck with your choice.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a WB and like it, but other companys have taken the principal of the WB and vastly improved it. Arrow containment w/o the fletching contact or noise, best of both worlds IMO. I'm going to keep using the WB until it needs replaced ( I'm a tight wad LOL) but next time I will probably look at other models.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man this is like asking if Rage BH are better than Fixed Blade BH. You are going to get people on here that say the WB is great, you are going to get people on here that say the WB is a joke. IMO, the WB is a joke, they tear up your fletchings, not to mention the fact that your arrow is in contact with the rest the entire time, I hope you have great form and now flaws. Like I said, I know people will come back with statements about how well they shoot with a WB, and I am sure a lot of people do shoot great with, but there are no pro's to the WB that cannot be found also in a good drop away, plus the drop away is going to provide even more pro's. Good luck with whatever choice you make.