Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

whisker biscuit

Old 07-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Spike

Default whisker biscuit

I would like some feedback on the whisker biscuit. I bought one last year and have yet to put it on my bow. It seems like it would slow down the arrow quite a bit. I wonder about fletch problems. The bristles are much more ridgid than I thought they would be. What do you think?
Old 07-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whisker biscuit

Those are some of the same reasons I never have used one....However there are a lot of guys here that use them and say they are great!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

I think they're a great hunting rest. The shouldn't slow you down by more thana few fps if set up correctly. And pretty much foolproof.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:13 PM

there's a high speed footage out there of a whisker biscuit. try to find it, it may help u make a decision. I sold mine after seeing it. went back to a drop away.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

There's also a video of a guy shooting 3 arrows at 135 yards through one and grouping 3 arrows in a circle just over 3 inches.... hmm, how bad can they be?

Here it is- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVbm7y6S5OM
Old 07-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

works great for me.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Typical Buck

I have tried both and they each have there pros and cons. I personally prefer a drop away myself. The one thing that i do like about a WB is the fact that you don't have to worry about the arrow popping off the rest when drawing back. But i really only ever have that problem when i am fatigued from shooting all day and i have to reach for the sky to draw my bow. I guess the other pro for a WB is the fact that you can spot hunt all day without having to keep a finger over your arrow to keep it on the rest. A major con that i ran into was when my arrows got wet they caused a loud screech when i drew back and they also were eating my vanes up pretty fast. If you are going to go the WB route i suggest some tougher blazer vanes or feathers.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Dominant Buck

A lot of deer have been killed with a whisker bisquit, but.... it violates everything we try to achieve in archery, no fletching contact and as purea flight as you can get. I personnally wouldn't put one on my bow for ANY reason. That doesn't mean you can't use them successfully.They tear up fletchings and are noisey.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used them for 3 years now and I will be using it again this season and the next. Works really good for me. I have not shot a drop a way and I used to have a Bo-doodle, I love the ability to shoot hanging upside down from tree branches.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ive been using one sicne they came out and will never buy another type of rest. i have had no problems at all ever with mine and I shoot feathers. Now that Im switching to carbons I have to go one size smaller on my WB. Im sure it will work just fine.

Quick Reply: whisker biscuit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.