Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elephants

Old 07-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Elephants

Probably one outside hiding under the patio right now.

If you read and study more, and commit yourself 100% to putting yourself where the ghost-elephant lurks, it's only a matter of time before you make it happen.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Fran:

If you're not seeing them....then you don't want it enough....and you aren't willing to make the sacrifices needed to find them.

Now I want someone to PROVE to me that there isn't one in their woods. It's possible (King...get out the calculator) that one escaped from B&B/Ringling Bros. in the 40's and has mated with one in captivity (through the bars).....carried the young out....and they're (this group) living in your woods RIGHT NOW in ever-loving pac-hermitdome bliss.

How bad do you wanna it?

Africa - Smafrica. Get it done in your own back yard! They're there!
Old 07-03-2008, 01:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'd go elephant (real) hunting in a heart beat. Someone willing to but up the thousands of $ for the tag for me?

And jsut to show how PC I really am....... if it were legal I would go dolphin (flipper) hunting tomorow if I could. Talk about an over populated animal, at least here on the Florida gulf coast. I bet the taste good too.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 07-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, they are amazingly powerful (and dangerous) creatures.

And I understand why they need to be culled in certain circumstances. I just would not get any joy out of doing it, so I leave it for others to do this necessary work. And, if it brings them pleasure, then it's a win-win (except for the elephants who get killed, I suppose, although I am sure the heard and local populations of people are probably better off in the long run).

I just thought I'd share some of the magnificence of these amazing creatures with other nature lovers.

DropTine, do you have a link to anyof those land-clearing videos. I'd love to see those!

bigbulls: I have to say, I've never heard about the negative impact of dolphin populations. And I really like dolphins. And tehy seem to really like people. I go sea kayaking and the come up and look at me and play around me, etc. Very fun, joyful animals whose joy I think is contagious. When you say they are overpopulated, what do you mean?
Old 07-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

bigbulls: I have to say, I've never heard about the negative impact of dolphin populations. And I really like dolphins. And tehy seem to really like people. I go sea kayaking and the come up and look at me and play around me, etc. Very fun, joyful animals whose joy I think is contagious. When you say they are overpopulated, what do you mean?
I mean... spend a day fishing from one of the many Gulf piers and you will literally see hundreds upon hundredsof dolphins.

They have literally learned to target boats and piers for easy meals. Day after day after day dolphins will hang around a pier or follow a boatwaiting for a hook up and catchthe now slow moving fish that you have on the endof your line and eat everything but the head. I watch them all the time teaching their young to do this year after year. It doesn't matter if it is a snook, snapper, grouper, or a 50 pound King Mac they get it and hold on to it until until it is all gone and you pull up a head. They literally hear the line buzzing through the water and will come from East and West directly to the fish on the end of your line.

Picture that you are hunting and you shoot a 150" deer only to have a pack of wolves rush out from behind your treestand and devour it before you ever get down from your tree. Do this several times a year with deer from does to big bucks. Yep, they are beautiful and wonderful to watch when you aren't hunting. Same thing happens to your family members and hunting buddies. They hear a truck pull up to the field and they come a running waiting on you to make an easy kill for them.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:41 PM

How do you judge a trophy elephant? Age? Score? How do you score an elephant? What do you think the most mature elephant in your woods is? Can I use a Rage? Which bow would be best? How high should I set the trail camera to get good pictures on an elephant trail? Does location really matter?
Old 07-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Ghost Elephants.
Where?
I hear they taste like chicken

How do you judge a trophy elephant?
The sized of his Johnson orI ask the PH

Age? Score?
Again ask PH

How do you score an elephant?
Well 5 gallons of whine and some Barry white

What do you think the most mature elephant in your woods is?
I don't know they live in the Savannah

Can I use a Rage?
Only on a super light arrow

Which bow would be best?
Anything but a Bowtech

How high should I set the trail camera to get good pictures on an elephant trail?
About 10 feet, and make sure to put out some peanuts

Does location really matter?
Only if you think your's sucks

Probably one outside hiding under the patio right now.

If you read and study more, and commit yourself 100% to putting yourself where the ghost-elephant lurks, it's only a matter of time before you make it happen.
Just make sure to stomp all around your hunting area, and spot everynight. You'll find them

Old 07-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Typical Buck

I saw show with guys shooting giant bulls with crossbows. It seems that when they reach a certain age, their molars disappear and they cannot eat, and eventually starve. Thes guys where dropping these giant from 30 yards in front of them and putting the bolt in his brain, which is a very small area to shoot.

Sad but humane
Old 07-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

"You may not have seen one.....or even gotten shed tusks....but there could be one lurking in your hunting area.

I carry a 50LB sack of peanuts in my pack......just in case"

Brilliant! hahahaha!

Quick Reply: Elephants

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.