Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lone Wolf Treeestands >

Lone Wolf Treeestands

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf Treeestands

Old 07-02-2008, 03:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Lone Wolf Treeestands

I guess you didn't read my posts.....[8D]
And thatmy friendis why people jump on your ass, smart ass comments like that but I guess that's just you being you

LW works for me in the proper situation. Otherwise it's my Equalizer climber.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use my LW Alpha and climbing sticks just like a climber. After you use them a couple of times and develop a routine it is very easy. Part of the problem, IMO, when people use the sticks is that they try to setup everything as fast as possible. I take my time and just try to maintain a little noise discipline. It works very well and even on really hot days in the early season I don't sweat any more than if I used a climber. I can see where this setup may not be for everyone but I hunt mostly public land and don't get in straight, limbless trees to often and the sticks and alpha hangonare great for that.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are expensive, but well worth it in my opinion. The climber is dead silent and packs flat for easy carrying on long distance walks. The only issue I've had with mine is tree size. I can't get it on the same size trees I used to be able to with my summit. There are larger traction belts that can be bought, I just haven't.

The hang on is by far the easiest to hang stand thatI have ever dealt with. Combine it with a set of climbing sticks that form to the stand itself and you have a deadly combination. With some practice you can be set up with this combo just as fast as you could with a climber and they are just a silent. They are perfect for the tree that doesn't want to cooperate.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to have to longer traction belts because most of the trees I climb are big, that being said, I wish I new someone with the sit and climb that I could set up and climb a few trees and get a feel for it before dropping the $$$ for it. The bad back makes is less desirable to carry in the heavy load but comfort is the most important thing for me with the bad back because without a comfortable stand, I just can't sit very lone. I can sit in my API all day so that makes it worth carrying in the extra weight. Now if the sit and climb is comparable in comfort then I would make the switch in a heart beat.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would have to have to longer traction belts because most of the trees I climb are big, that being said, I wish I new someone with the sit and climb that I could set up and climb a few trees and get a feel for it before dropping the $$$ for it. The bad back makes is less desirable to carry in the heavy load but comfort is the most important thing for me with the bad back because without a comfortable stand, I just can't sit very lone. I can sit in my API all day so that makes it worth carrying in the extra weight. Now if the sit and climb is comparable in comfort then I would make the switch in a heart beat.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2843288&mpage=1
Old 07-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks buckeye, great review!!!! It's looks like you have done all of the things that I would need to do. But with the extra $40 for a different seat, and the extra $40 for the longer traction belts and then $20 for new back pack straps after tax that would put with about $520 wrapped up in the stand. I'm not saying it's not worth it, just don't know that I want to spend that kind of $$$ when I got 2 perfectly good ones that I have no complaints with. I need to weigh my stands and see how much difference there is. I will definitely have to give it some consideration before my next purchase. Thanks again!