Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lone Wolf Treeestands >

Lone Wolf Treeestands

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf Treeestands

Old 07-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Lone Wolf Treeestands

I have an alpha climber (not the sit and climb) and like it an aweful lot. It packs easy and super flat, is very light, sets up and takes down very easyand feels very secure on the tree.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GregH

I only use screw in steps.
I still have a few spots where I use them, but only because those stands don't really move from year to year. They're kind of in those good spots where deer are always going to travel so there's no need to stay mobile. For most of our weekend trips down to our lease or other random trips we want to stay flexible and be able to move quickly if need be. Screw in steps are just a little too slow for that, and you work up a pretty good sweat screwing those suckers in. Plus, a lot of farmers dont' want you to damage their trees which is where the sticks come in handy.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Dominant Buck

My experiences and opinions stem from my owning the alpha hang-on, ONLY. I don't know squat about their climbers.

Comfort, to me, is the number one criteria in purchasing a stand I'm going ot use a LOT. I feel like it definitely keeps me on stand, longer.

For that reason (alone)......I wouldn't own one of these stands. It is well built, quiet, adjustable, etc...

I could also never figure out how to set it up (with the climbing sticks) without working up a heckuva sweat.......NOR could I figure out how to set it up, safely (comparatively).

Just giving my opinion based on the one I owned for a short time (a short time.....for the reasons I cited).
Old 07-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jeff - what hang-on are you using now? And what specifically about about the LW gave you problems with setting it up? I've hung API's, Loggy Bayou's, and Gorillas and none of them were even close to as easy as the LW. In fact, every time I have to hang a non-LW stand its pretty much guaranteed that I will end up cussing the thing out and throwing it to the ground at least once before I'm finished.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have only sit in the loc ons, and honestly there is now way that I could hunt out of them with my back. But I was looking at the website and the sit and climb looks like it is alot more comfortable than some of their earlier models. How does it compare (seat wise) to the summit and the api?
Old 07-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Jeff - what hang-on are you using now?
Due to theft issues in my woods....I no longer employ hang-ons. I have ONE spot I may set up my gorilla in. When I do set it up (in the past)....I utilize a ladder type steps system (I use the cheap ones AND the summit system). I'm secure to the tree with my harness when I do so.....and I'm able set up all 16' and attach it to the tree before I raise my stand.

And what specifically about about the LW gave you problems with setting it up?
Specifically....the climbing sticks. I "could have" used the same steps I currently have....and likely been "fine" with the LW (sans the comfort factor). The steps (LW) scared the HELL outta me trying to set the thing up, SAFELY. The amount of effort involved in doing so for a same-day sit left me soaked with sweat, also.

I'm simply MUCH more efficient, safe and comfortable in a climber.

Just my .02

Old 07-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

I stated in another thread this morning that I invested in a LW hand climber stand last year, and it is by far one of the best purchases I have made in 26+ years of bow hunting. Most of the reasons that I like it have already been mentioned by other LW fans on this thread, so I'm not going to beat a dead horse! But the simplicity of the traction belt/cam lock system to get it around the tree is sweet. I purchased the extra long traction belts (optional) for mine and it allows me to use it on trees 3 to 4 inches diameter bigger than the stock belts that came with it. Comfort has not been a problem for me on my LW climber.

I never would have imagined that I could climb a tree so quietly. Great design...Great stand!
Old 07-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mofireman

I stated in another thread this morning that I invested in a LW hand climber stand last year, and it is by far one of the best purchases I have made in 26+ years of bow hunting. Most of the reasons that I like it have already been mentioned by other LW fans on this thread, so I'm not going to beat a dead horse! But the simplicity of the traction belt/cam lock system to get it around the tree is sweet. I purchased the extra long traction belts (optional) for mine and it allows me to use it on trees 3 to 4 inches diameter bigger than the stock belts that came with it. Comfort has not been a problem for me on my LW climber.

I never would have imagined that I could climb a tree so quietly. Great design...Great stand!
You just know a GREAT product when you see/use one! I wish I could get a job selling LW stands, but their qualitydoes the selling.

GMMAT, you can remove a LW hang on as easily as a climber, and not worry about theft. Just reverse the set up procedure. It's nothard. I put this safety belt (with lanyard)together for that purpose. It holds your bow and your standwhile you climb, up or down.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Dominant Buck

GMMAT, you can remove a LW hang on as easily as a climber, and not worry about theft. Just reverse the set up procedure. It's nothard.
I guess you didn't read my posts.....[8D]

I hated setting the thing up! Plus.....if they're gonna steal something that's out there.....when I got to my tree (looking for a ladder)....I'd be SOL.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I love the Lone Wolf treestand.

And its not just because I'm sponsored by them and get thousands of them for free everyday either. Seriously.. they are awesome stands!

(authors note.. i am in fact not sponsored by lone wolf treestands or in any way associated with the makers of lone wolf treestands. i simply stated the original response.. because many have accused me of being sponsored by them in the past. and simply put.. the second sentence.. you must admit.. was kinda humorous.)

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf Treeestands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.