Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lone Wolf

Old 11-18-2003, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default Lone Wolf

I' m looking into getting a lone wolf tree stand. I presently own a API grand slam and want some thing less combersome.

I haven' t decided what climber to get , The sit down stand up or the one with the metal fold up seat. They both seem to have there good points.
If those of you who know these stands could give me some suggestions I' d appreciate it. Thanks, Jim
Old 11-18-2003, 09:55 AM

Default RE: Lone Wolf

I too am interested in a Lone Wolf. Really lightweight. I like that. Well LW owners...What do you think?
Old 11-18-2003, 10:01 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

I have the sit and climb model and I really like it. It is light, sets up in seconds and makes no noise at all. I would recommend the sit and climb, it is much easier to climb with. I have used mine as a hand climber and can do it ok but it is a fair amount of work. If you are not in good shape and strong the hand climber is not for you. I really like mine but it is the first climbing stand I have owned so I have nothing to compare it to. Like I said I have not used other climbers, but from pictures I can' t see how any other brand would be easier or quieter to set up in the dark.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:05 AM

Thanks mez...Is the stand solid when in position or does it move much? Is there an additional attachment you make to the tree other than the climbing band once you get to the desired height to add stability to the platform? Jim
Old 11-18-2003, 10:29 AM

After owning 2 cheap steal portable stands and one bulky steal climber I decided to go with the lone wolf.

It is the best stand I have ever used far and away. I' m a less is more guy when I' m in the woods and the thing I love about my lone wolf is that there aren' t many moving parts. Here are some of features I was looking for and got.

1) Light weight. I think it weighs only 12-13 pounds

2) Quiet. With it' s single cast aluminum base it doesn' t make ANY noise.

3) Bow holder. It has a bow holder molded right into the platform. Nothing to bend or breakoff

4) Backpack straps. Included

5) Seat. Comes with a comfy think foam seat.

6) Adjustable angle platform. There are like 5 easily adjustable platform settings so your platform is always level regardless of the tree angle.

7) Easy to attach. The strap is very easy to operate and very quiet.

I have been very happy with this purchase. A good friend is getting one for next year after seeing mine.
Old 11-18-2003, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m considering a Alpha sit & climb for next season as well. I like the fact that they make a nice light weight climber for us big guys. With a 350lb rating on a stand that weights 13lbs I' m excited. The only downside is they are expensive. I' m sure they are worth it though.

Old 11-18-2003, 11:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the hand climber. I love it light, easy to climb with no foot straps to try and get your feet in.

It' s really not the most comfortable for an all day sit - but fine for 3 hours or so at a time.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:21 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Jimimac, the stand doesn' t move at all very stable. Nothing else to attatch to the tree besides the strap, it doesn' t need anything. They are pricey, check on ebay, I bought mine there. The stand had never been hunted out of but was used as a demo model for an archery shop. I paid $230 for a like new stand.
Old 11-18-2003, 11:28 AM

Used one this archery season all but 2 times that I was out. Best climbing stand I have used so far. I used a summit last year. Compact, quiet, easy to set up, comfortable, efficient, effecitive, GREAT!.

This is the hand climber model not the sit & climb.

A friend would take his loggy and I would have the LW. Man, what a difference. I kept telling him he had an erector set.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

This is my second season using the Lone Wolf sit-n-climb stand and I would not trade it for the world! I owned a Loggy Bayou for many years, tried an Ol Man, then bought and sold a new Summit Cobra after testing a Lone Wolf!

1. Folds down nicely, very easy to pack and quiet while carrying.
2. The traction belt is strong and rugged.....will grip any tree unlike some stands. After 2 seasons of heavy use the belt looks like new.
3. Very quiet climbing, descending and while hunting.
4. The climbing bar can be moved up/down while in the stand, so it can be used for a gun rest or folded under the seat for an open front.
5. The platform is very stable, I can put my toes on the side or front without fear of the platform moving or shifting.
6. Lightweight.....but its not 13 lbs., more like19, BUT it does pack like 13 lbs. while carrying.
7. Built in bow holder is great, but add the custom molded fitted rubber piece to protect the limbs and for quietness taking bow in and out.

Two suggestions.......(1)carry a foam pad to sit on if you plan to sit all day, and (2) I added footstraps for climbing, although I don' t use them coming down.

Quick Reply: Lone Wolf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.