Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My "bow only" poll >

My "bow only" poll

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My "bow only" poll

Old 06-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My "bow only" poll

ORIGINAL: valor10

Funny, the other poll is about 50-50 on a bowhunting only county, yet this one is 95% in favor of keeping their guns. I wonder how many of those who voted to take away the privilege of hunting with firearms for others, so they could bow hunt exclusively, voted to keep their guns. Intresting.

The question in the other poll was not would you vote for or not... it was how would you feel about it.

I wouldn't cast a vote to take a hunting priviledge away from a law abiding citizen..... but if someway, somehow the county I hunted in decided to only allow deer hunting with a bow... hell I don't care... when gun season opens so does duck season... I don't gun hunt for deer anyway.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

no im not some crazy person with a machine gun. i FIRMLY believe on what this country was found on there is a reason why this is such a great country and my opinion is that it goes back to the beginning.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Telling someone they can't gun hunt is just plain selfish. Not letting people remain connected to their hunting/family roots is also selfish. Hunting is more than P&Y bucks, and alot more than just bowhunting. It is a way of life for some. Do I like the idea of "bow only" zones for hunting, yes I do, but banning gun hunting is plain ridiculous. I like being in the minority in terms of being a bowhunter. I get to hunt the first 6 weeks of the season without any gun pressure at all on the base I hunt. Then the gun hunters get 6 weeks. Fair to me.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well said Ryan same here!!
ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I'd chuck my bowtech in the river tomorrow if it guaranteed the 2nd amendment remained in place for the rest of this country's existence.

In the political hunting world bowhunting is 2nd to my belief in individual freedoms and firearms ownership.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

I think Germ and Virginiashadow make very powerful points, and lets be honest the fewer hunters there are the worse off we, as hunters, will be. I see fewer and fewer people in the sport every year and it makes me fearful for the future of hunting. Some folks would give up hunting if they cannot firearm hunt. Now, I only bowhunt anymore because I think it is the purest most challenging way to deer hunt, but I certainly want to see our hunting heritage preserved and I fear placing any more obsticles in the way of getting folks in the woods is a bad thing.

That being said, I hate the amount of insane pressure placed on the woods during gun season and overcrowding is an issue we all face. But, I believe in reality there are fewers young hunters every year and that bothers me.

Furthermore, since we are talking about the 2nd Amendment, it was interesting to me that Justice Scalia noted that traditionally bows were considered a type of arms. Even though it was dicta, and it may seem far fetched, it is foreseeable that some anti-hunting groups would no doubt use that same traditional definiton to attempt to ban bows. So in short, for those that would give up your second amendment rights you may also be giving up the protection of bows. Just a thought.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Bowhunters and gun hunters are joined at the hip. Once either goes down, it's only a matter of time before the other is dragged under[:-]
That's my thinking too. Loose one and the other won't be far behind.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:36 PM

BigJ, Your not about to give up those A5 are you?
Old 06-30-2008, 11:10 PM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I'd chuck my bowtech in the river tomorrow if it guaranteed the 2nd amendment remained in place for the rest of this country's existence.

In the political hunting world bowhunting is 2nd to my belief in individual freedoms and firearms ownership.
I agree with ya, Id chunk your bowtech in the river also if it guaranteed the 2nd amendment....j/k friend
Old 07-01-2008, 02:58 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

BigJ, Your not about to give up those A5 are you?
Not on your life! It took way too long to find them! I almost have the complete set but there are a lot of differentvariations out there.....light 12ga,magnum 12ga, regular 12ga,light 20ga,magnum 20ga, regular 20ga, light 16ga,magnum 16ga, regular 16ga, "sweet 16" 16ga. There was evensuper light versions and trap & skeet models. Let's not forget the Remington Model 11 which was essentially a Browning Auto 5 but Browning had sold the patent to Remington so Remington produced them till Browning bought it (the patent) back. Then there are the FN models for the years when they made them!...Whew.....it gets complicated, lets just suffice it to say there are a lot of different ones out there and that's not taking into consideration the different barrel configurations available. (I won't get THAT crazy)

I'm sticking with theBrownings and have allthe 12ga and 20ga examplesbut still need a couple of the 16ga (I have a sweet 16 though!) and a couple of the specialized versions.I only have an handful of the Remington's, but I'm working on em...I'm working on em.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I absolutely can NOT believe that anyone would have answered this poll any other way! How could ANYONE be so naive to be willing to vote away the 2nd!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.