Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My "bow only" poll >

My "bow only" poll

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My "bow only" poll

Old 06-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Site Bouncer

Default My "bow only" poll

Ok, please take the time to answer this poll and explain why you voted either way. This has to do with bow hunting so this should be the appropriate forum.

How much does bow hunting mean to you.....Would you give up your 2nd amendment rights to have "bow only" hunting?

I'll answer this in a bit but I have a feeling most of you know how I'll vote.....and why.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My "bow only" poll

Although I don't enjoy 2nd amendment protections due to my own poor decision making in the past I don't want to see the rights and privledges of my friends and family infringed upon.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Amongst other passions in my life.. I am a history buff on our nations historical revolution.

A huge fan of the brilliant works of Thomas Paine, Thomas Jefferson, and several others.

I am also a bowhunter.. in fact I only bowhunt. But I firmly believe in what the country was founded on and for.. in a time period where tyranny and religious prosecution were common and rampant.

The government has no right to take away our thoughts, our right to defend, our right to property, our privacy, or pursuit of happiness.

Obviously I voted.. I will not give up the second amendment.

Old 06-30-2008, 02:55 PM
Dominant Buck

I'll vote in favor of keeping my 2nd amendment rights (even if it meant poorer bowhunting).

explain why you voted either way
But I'll add that Quik's poll didn't include the banishment of the 2nd amendment (those were his personal thoughts)....nor banning of gun hunting in all areas (again....his personal wishes).

I think THIS poll is going to be REALLY lop-sided. But....I also don't associate that with the results of the "other" poll.

Just two totally different scenarios, is all. I'll be surprised if anyo.....OK....MORE THAN one (lol) person votes in the affirmative of relinquishing their 2nd amendment rights.

Edit** Well I'll be damned...lol. That didn't take long! (2 votes to relinqish, already).
Old 06-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd chuck my bowtech in the river tomorrow if it guaranteed the 2nd amendment remained in place for the rest of this country's existence.

In the political hunting world bowhunting is 2nd to my belief in individual freedoms and firearms ownership.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah J - I think the two choices are a little bit overly suggestive.

I think you're un-necessarily confusing bow-only hunting and 2nd Amendment rights.

You can have bow-only hunting, and still have full gun ownership across the board. This isnt' something that's mutually exclusive.

I make no bones about it - I want better bowhunting, and if my finger was on the red button, I'd zap gun season without two blinks of an eye.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bowhunters and gun hunters are joined at the hip. Once either goes down, it's only a matter of time before the other is dragged under[:-]
Old 06-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Edit** Well I'll be damned...lol. That didn't take long! (2 votes to relinqish, already).
That's why I started this poll buddy.......I had a feeling there would be a few.[]
Old 06-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Yeah J - I think the two choices are a little bit overly suggestive.

I think you're un-necessarily confusing bow-only hunting and 2nd Amendment rights.

You can have bow-only hunting, and still have full gun ownership across the board. This isnt' something that's mutually exclusive.

I make no bones about it - I want better bowhunting, and if my finger was on the red button, I'd zap gun season without two blinks of an eye.
I know you would Fran and that doesn't bother me, I respect your opinion, I do.......But how do you feel about the 2nd Amendment as it's now been interpreted by the US Supreme Court?

While I know this poll is a little extreme (and lopsided), it's not without consideration as we've already had a few say they would do away with the 2nd Amendment in order to bow hunt only.
Old 06-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I voted that I would not give up 2nd amendment rights.

Now, even though we have these rights and others, does not mean we will continue to have them. If you take a good long look at our Government and how it is being ran, you can see the writing on the wall all too plainly. Some might say this is rambling. If so, I would challenge you to see what "other" rights are being eyed by our government on a daily basis, that we may or may not have tomorrow. (Which are far more important than either gun or bowhunting)

LT

Quick Reply: My "bow only" poll

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.