Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you REGRET most over the years of hunting >

What do you REGRET most over the years of hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you REGRET most over the years of hunting

Old 06-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What do you REGRET most over the years of hunting

Lost deer. Other than that total bliss.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

No regrets at all.Every mistake I ever made was a learning experience--loved every minute of it
Old 06-27-2008, 11:11 PM

1. Going out partying and not making some days afield.
2. Selling some of my equipment. I t would be cool just to look at the old school stuff.
3.Staying in touch with some hunter friends and letting some small private land I had permission to hunt go.
4.Quiting the hunting club I was in because I thought I could do better on public land.I was young and dumb.I have got some real nice public land deer by the way.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Fork Horn

OK Time to get philosophical. I would bet that with every hunter and in nursing homes for that matter, for the most part every regret has to do with not doing something. Very little regret for doing something they wish they hadn't. So with that said just get out and do it. I am not by any means a rich man. I am however careful with my money and have good credit. Life is too short. Make sure you can make the payments and put a hunt on the credit card. I took a free hunt swap in Alaska for a brown bear and bou. I cannot come up with the money for a free trip like that so I declined. He said he would give me a couple of weeks to consider it and call me back. In the mean time my wife found a limp in her breast. It sure shook us up. I had a life changing experience with that. He called back and we said sure we will be there with bells on. Long story shortened... Wife's lump was false alarm and I maxed out 2 credit cards to make the trip happen. She got a great bou (her first big game hunt ever) I got a fantastic brown bear. Now I smile and recall the great memories every time I pay my credit card bills for three years now. Just do it. Once tomorrow becomes yesterday, you cannot change it.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Probably 1st would be, when I started out bow hunting and I had taken some compromising/inexperienced shots (lost deer).

2nd - The only 2 mature deer I had a chance a killing got away, but lessons learned have helped out in other ways.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:45 AM

Not starting sooner. I was29when Istarted archery / bowhunting.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

As a few others have stated, if I could turn back the hands of time I would have started bow hunting a lot sooner than I did.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

I also wish i woulda got serious about bowhunting sooner. Always messed around with a old bow from the time i was 12 on but it wasn't until i was 20 and bought my bowtech that i started killing deer consistently.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

When I was a younger and less experience hunter...I bought into the BS that wearing scentlock really meant you could "forget the wind".I hunted for years not caring which way the wind blew. Eventually I started only hunting stand locations that are downwind of where I expect to see deer and have beena more successfull hunter since doing so.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not stopping to ask for permission to hunt peoples property.

Ryan.

Quick Reply: What do you REGRET most over the years of hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.