Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Excitement-better now or when you were a kid >

Excitement-better now or when you were a kid

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Excitement-better now or when you were a kid

Old 07-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Spike

Default RE: Excitement-better now or when you were a kid

As a kid I had trouble sleeping before the hunt. Like many I have to say there were few deer and just to see one was a big deal. I think it is just as much of a "rush" as it always was but it is different now. It was always about getting a buck on the ground. Now that I am older (53) there is a lot more to it than that. The sunrise, the friends, and the family time with my kids and grandkids as we all hunt is more important to me than the shot. don't get me wrong though, I still work hard and I still get the shakes and get excited just like I did when I was a kid. I still get bent all out of shape when I miss or blow a shot. That is why I bowhunt. Always have and always will.