Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Excitement-better now or when you were a kid >

Excitement-better now or when you were a kid

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Excitement-better now or when you were a kid

Old 06-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Excitement-better now or when you were a kid

Still cannot sleep well the night before the hunt. I hope that I never get to the point where it is not that exciting for me.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

its better now
Old 06-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

if i ever lose the passion, excitement, and interest, that is when i will call it quits
Old 06-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

its better now
You being 13 can say that

Always keep the Fun in it and you'll always feel like the best Hunt you ever experienced is the one you are on.

Dan
Old 06-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

Excitement? Was definitely more when I was a kid mainly because it was a BIG deal and I didn't have all the other things un my life that I do today. Just like Christmas was a bigger deal, etc.

Now as far as actual enjoyment- That would be today. Why? It is more of a release and an opportunity to put all my other worries/demands away for a period of time and I get to hunt a lot more often than when I was a kid.

Also, because I bowhunt as an adult, whichI enjoy so muchmore as compared to gun hunting that I did as a kid.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:36 PM

I am still a kid so, now is the best times for me
Old 06-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Dominant Buck

I like now. I have more knowledge. It doesn't happen as an accident now. I can plot and plan and have the skills to figure it out. When I was young it was excitement and chance more than anything. Now... it's I win or I loose. My sweetest memory of hunting was loosing. I can enjoy that and charish it. When I was young, it devistated me. I like now.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I get just as worked up now as I did when I was 13 years old and shot my 1st deer. Heck at times I think I'm worse at 34 years old!![8D] Honestly I hope I never loose that incredible nervous excitement one bit.
Old 07-05-2008, 10:09 PM

The excitement has not decreased one bit. And at 33, I have a helluva lot more knowledge than I did when I was 13.And the appreciation has increased along with the success rate
Old 07-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jackflap and David describe how it is for me.I am much calmer and sleep fine the night before opener's and when I travel to hunt.Am I excited?You bet,but it is different now.I see it more as a release from the the stress's and strains of all the other things going on im my life.
Also while I am much more likely to be successful at the current stage of my hunting life,I am much less effected by the out come.I am going to enjoy every moment of my time while hunting,I will give it all I got and what ever happens,happens. I believe for me it is a matter of life experience,there are so many things that are more serious in the scheme of things than my success hunting.Yes I am dissapointed if I don't have the success I wish to,but the biggest enjoyment for me is realizing it is a gift to be out there!

Quick Reply: Excitement-better now or when you were a kid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.