Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A public land resource >

A public land resource

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A public land resource

Old 06-19-2008, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default A public land resource

The 10 question post brought up the topic of federal land. Here is a link to help start a search for a place to hunt. I started a search with this linkand it grew from there http://www.usace.army.mil/ This is only a starting point. You will have to do some work if you want it to pay off. I started by calling a local Corps office and have found some public land that doesn't see much pressure. Many locals around the areas,(2), I have found to hunt don't know hunting is allowed on these lands. Nor would they know how to obtain a permit without doing some research.
If you don't have a place to hunt try starting here and see where it leads. If you are successful invite me along next year!
This is in response to THE KING. I'm trying to do my part YOUR HIGHNESS!
Old 06-19-2008, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A public land resource

If you follow the link you will find that hunting is not mentioned at all. Fishing, camping, biking, hikinh, etc. but no hunting. You HAVE TO CALL to find out where you can hunt. Don't give up if you don't find what you're looking for right away.