Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tune up(yourself)

Old 06-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Tune up(yourself)

I love to workout with the Swedish Ball, I do everything I can with it.

Miltary Press w/Dumbelss
Curls w/Dumbells
Etc...

Every excesise one does on the ball we get a two for one. We work a muslce group and our core.
I also love kick boxing, for cardio I find it to be the best for me. Besides 15 girls and me in a class is a good thing.

BigJ if you're feeling frogging......Leap big boy
Old 06-10-2008, 12:29 PM

I'm down 20 some odd pounds since last season. Primarily watching my intake and doing 4 daysa week of either jogging, biking, or HIIT..

At 6'0 and 200lbs, I could still stand to lose anothe 15lbs.. That would put me at my ideal body weight. I haven't seen that since highschool..

More than anything I just want to get in really good shape. I'm planning a bivy hunt to CO in 2009 and have to start now preparing.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:32 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Germ

Nothing between you and me but air and opportunity........
Old 06-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

ORIGINAL: Germ

Nothing between you and me but air and opportunity........
And once you leap, you're going to see plenty of air as I run like the wind
Old 06-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of my summer activities is cutting up the trees I cut down during the winter and getting the wood to the wood pile. One of the trees this year is so big, 36"+ red oak,I can't transport the log sections and I have to split them where the tree fell. All in all a very good summer workout . With that and the other stuff I do around here I stay in pretty good shape.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Site Bouncer

On a serious note....I think getting in shape for the season is a great idea, heck it's a great idea period. I too need to get my cardio up to better levels. I tend to lift weights and then hit the weights.[&:]I need to get out and walk more. My jogging (high impact) days are pastme with three knee surgeries and most of the cartilage gone in my left knee. My back doctor (you know it's bad when you have a "back doctor") also tells me I'm on borrowed time as I have two completely herniated discs that I deal with on a day to day basis. I'm trying to prolong the "knife" as long as possible. Of course it would help to lose a couple pounds but I've been over 300lbs my entire adult life so I don't know what I'd do if I dropped below that....maybe take up track?? I'll feel like a sprinter under 300lb

I'm watching my diet and it seems to be working, I've dropped 12 lbs now since march 1st (down to about 315...Wooohoooo!) trying to take it slow so as to lose it the right way, so far so good. It get's tougher every day though as everything hurts after I lift....I mean everything, it's sick! My elbows are trashed my wrists hurt, fingers, ankles, knees, back....You guys think it would be "cool" to play in the NFL huh?? I'm starting to think it wasn't worth it......Christ just put a bullet in me now![&:]

I'll keep plugging away...it's all I know. I think I need to PM Germ for some professional advise....seriously dude, I'll be in touch. He's the "go to guy" when it comes to this stuff. I think I need to work on some of the core crap you keep talking about, I think it would help my back tremendously.

Anyway, I can still get out, play with my kidsand hunt, and that's all that matters now.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Dominant Buck

John....Can you work out on a rowing machine?

If it didn't make me wanna PUKE....I would!
Old 06-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

On a serious note....I think getting in shape for the season is a great idea, heck it's a great idea period. I too need to get my cardio up to better levels. I tend to lift weights and then hit the weights.[&:]I need to get out and walk more. My jogging (high impact) days are pastme with three knee surgeries and most of the cartilage gone in my left knee. My back doctor (you know it's bad when you have a "back doctor") also tells me I'm on borrowed time as I have two completely herniated discs that I deal with on a day to day basis. I'm trying to prolong the "knife" as long as possible. Of course it would help to lose a couple pounds but I've been over 300lbs my entire adult life so I don't know what I'd do if I dropped below that....maybe take up track?? I'll feel like a sprinter under 300lb

I'm watching my diet and it seems to be working, I've dropped 12 lbs now since march 1st (down to about 315...Wooohoooo!) trying to take it slow so as to lose it the right way, so far so good. It get tougher every day though as everything hurts after I lift....I mean everything, it's sick! My elbows are trashed my wrists hurt, fingers, ankles, knees, back....You guys think it wold be "cool" to play in the NFL huh?? I'm starting to think it wasn't worth it......Christ just put a bullet in me now![&:]

I'll keep plugging away...it's all I know. I think I need to PM Germ for some professional advise....seriously dude, I'll be in touch. He's the "go to guy" when it comes to this stuff. I think I need to work on some of the core crap you keep talking about, I think it would help my back tremendously.

Anyway, I can still get out, play with my kidsand hunt, and that's all that matters now.
BigJ I have met and talk to MI's new strength trainer, he is an animal[8D] His wife could beat the liven hell out of me[&:].

It's all about the core/speed/strength these days. Once one has a solid core, the foundation is set for the entire body and look out. Barwis is an animal. Go Blue

http://autumnthunder.blogspot.com/2008/01/asdf.html

Old 06-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am taking cardio to a new level for me this year in preparation for 2 elk hunts. I have run 1 half marathon thus far this year, am running one this weekend, and running a third in September. I have also been in the gym lifting 3-5 days a week for the last 6 months. I have lost only about 8 pounds, but my waist has shrunk, and like GMMAT said, who cares what the scale says if your % body fat is dropping. All I know is the elk better look out this year because I am going to run them down since I can't get anything else to work

EDIT: as an add-on, I have been sick more times than any year I can remember so far this year so go figure...
Old 06-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

John....Can you work out on a rowing machine?

If it didn't make me wanna PUKE....I would!
Well you can kinda say I do. My "rowing" consist of sticking one end of an Olympic bar (with no weights on it)in a cornerunder a bracket Imade, then load the other end full of 45lbs weights(bout 7 or so) straddle over it and pull it up to my chest and back down to the floor till I pass out!Then load up both ends of the bar and do some "upright rows" to work my traps. I'll then grab a dumbbell load it up and place it on one side of my bench. I then place my right knee on the bench reach down with my right arm and pull the dumbbell up to my chest. Do that till It burns then switch sides.

That's pretty much my "rowing" exercises.[&:]

Quick Reply: Tune up(yourself)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.